1 head cauliflower 7 - 8" wide
1 egg, large
Package Pepperoni
1/2 cup Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese, grated/shredded & not packed
1 tsp Italian (or rosemary, basil, parsley) herb seasoning
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line round pizza baking sheet with parchment paper.
Rinse cauliflower, remove the outer leaves and separate into florets with a paring knife. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until "rice" texture. Some coarse chunks are fine.
Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
Remove cooked cauliflower from the oven and transfer to a bowl lined with a double/triple layered cheesecloth.
Then squeeze the liquid out of the ball, cauliflower inside the cheesecloth, as hard as you can. Be patient and do this a few times until barely any liquid comes out.
Increase oven T to 450 degrees F. Transfer cauliflower to a mixing bowlalong with egg, cheese, herb seasoning, salt, black pepper and mix to combine. Transfer cauliflower mixture onto the same baking sheet you used to roast the florets (I used the same parchment paper but you can swap it for a new one if it gets too soggy), and flatten with your hands until thin pizza crust forms.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes and remove from the oven
Top with your favourite toppings and bake again until cheese on top turns golden brown. Slice and enjoy.
*Storage Instructions: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days. You can also freeze the crust tightly wrapped in plastic, for 1 month.*

Replies

• katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    zgj9ok2w1lau.jpg
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I tried one of these a while ago, it tasted fairly nice actually!

I tend to go for chicken tikka topping to help reach my protein macros but other than that, nice recipe!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's pretty tasty. It usually gets openly mocked on here, but my family likes it.
  • katrinapri
    Options
    Thank you, I haven't played with any other toppings yet but I plan to lol.
  • athens1000
    athens1000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I tried this once. It came out pretty good but I baked it at the wrong temperature so I dont think it was 'crispy' enough. Your pictures are awesome and make me hungry!
  • katrinapri
    Options
    Lol!