Is this site the best?

Options
Hi,
I'm trying to find the best calorie counter website out there. Is this one better than My Calorie counter? Jillian M.'s was terrible and I got kicked off the site like 15 times. Is the food easy to find? Are there a lot of excercise options? I feel like I'm starting over every week and I just want to stick to one site.
Thanks
Abtomjack.

Replies

• jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I really like this site - but I think you get out of it what you put into it. There are TONS of supportive people here and the database of foods seems to be really extensive, easy to use, etc. The key (IMHO, of course) is to make it a habit - when you eat, log your calories. When you exercise, log what you burn. Use those numbers as a tool to lose weight (or gain it??) safely.

Best of luck!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    been using mfp since August 2010. This is the BEST website becase EVERYONE is soooo supportive, it's free, and it helps you see what you are putting in and exercising. It has a HUGE data base of food. It is really an easy website to use, and it is a free app. The app even allows you to scan your foods. But most of it's the support of people that are struggling just like me! It has been a HUGE help and there is noooo way that I could have lost 75lbs since July with out it!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    THIS SITE IS AMAZING!!!! THE SUPPORT NETWORK ALONE MAKES THE TIME INVESTED WORTH IT! I've tried many many things in the past and this is the ONLY thing that I have stuck to for longer than 3 months!!!
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few others and this is my favorite :))
  • anawms
    anawms Posts: 9
    Options
    I think this one is sooo much better than all the others I have tried. The food is very easy to search. And same with the exercise. Plus you can make friends :)
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I :heart: MFP
    :flowerforyou:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i used to use calorie count , but i prefer this one!
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This is the first site I have ever tried and I have lost 8 lbs. in 4 weeks. I love this site and love how supportive people are on it. I wouldn't even bother trying any other one as I have had such great success on this one. Good luck.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    The foods and exercise databases are pretty thorough. If there happens to be something you can't find there is an option to add a food or exercise. I use a heart rate monitor for my exercise so I calculate my calories accurately. When choosing your foods off of the database always check the nutritional information because sometimes the information is inaccurate. MFP members are the ones who add the foods to the database, so sometimes the information is not correct. I have lost 38 pounds in 16 weeks. Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to add me as a friend.

Angela
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    THE BOMB, I highly reccomend MFP
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    YES!

I love this site...addicting and great support!
  • abtomjack
    abtomjack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I need to stop being an on again, off again dieter/worker outer. I need to stick to one site and hopefully this one will be it. Have a great day.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anyone on here that doesn't love this site! It's pretty fantabulous, and the people you meet are amazing!

:flowerforyou:
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have to say this site is probably the best (for me). I'm on WW and Sparkpeople.com however the tools here are more interactive (for me) -- i like that it's addictive and i get pumped by what I see my fitness buddies doing and it makes me want to really work hard every day to be the best.
  • veganhoneys
    veganhoneys Posts: 34
    Options
    I love this site! You can get the app that goes with it and track calories on the go. I tried using a SELF.com counter and it was aweful. There's a livestrong app that does calorie counting too. Neither of these had as many food options as MFP. Plus the option to add, save and share new nutrition info really sets it apart. I use the meal saver and recipe functions a lot. The social networking aspect is great for support too- overall best site I've seen so far!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    MFP is fab! That's all I need to say!! :happy:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Best site hands down!!! You will not find a better site that offers what MFP does! And the people on here are the BEST!!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few other sites and this is the one that keeps me coming back. I love the supportive community! The site designers are very open to hearing what people like and don't like and appear to be trying hard to keep its' members happy. I like the reporting functions and the bar code scanner application for my cell phone that allows me to scan food products for easy entry into my daily food diary. Best of Luck! Feel free to add me.