Substitution for weight lifting

Options
Hey I just wanted to know if there are any substitutionso for weight lifting, I cannot afford to go to the gym but I'd like the same sort of result and definition

thanks

Replies

• dockholiday8234
    dockholiday8234 Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Absolutely. You can get all the way to "ripped" doing nothing more than body weight training. Push ups, chin ups and body weight squats should be the foundation. Going to a park you can usually find something to hang off.
    You can work up to doing hanging leg raises too which are great for the midsection.

This guy "Fortress" has a great channel on body weight fitness:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJu37EU9qEk

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Body weight training: squats, push ups, planks, lunges, dips and so on
  • dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I always recommend You Are Your Own Gym app. I use it alot when I can't/don't want to get my butt to the gym.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    Body weight exercises of course. If you want to do some things "gym like" then get a suspension training. WOSS sells one for like $30 and you can take it anywhere with you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    There are tons of body weight exercises you can do- pushups, squats, crunches blah blah blah... Also, look on your local craig's list- I picked up a small weight bench & some dumbbells for $40 from someone moving, it's not much but it is great to have around
    -
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Body weight exercises are great and very inexpensive
  • AnishaLikesPizza
    AnishaLikesPizza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ohkay thank you :)