No fear of commitment here! Will lose 125+ lbs to live life more fully at 40!

Options

Replies

• Colleens6677
    Colleens6677 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Groups are great because you can have different threads about subject matters. The one hard thing about long threads is that as new people come on board it might be overwhelming because they will want to catch up. Though I'm good with just a thread too. :)
  • scudderva
    scudderva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Long term heathy living is more mental than physical.
  • ShellyPro
    ShellyPro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @‌ eml298‌ & lgb1‌ you guys can totally do this. The mini goals help sooooooooooo much. My 150lb goal was so scary I didn't even want to start. But now being now 66lbs I'm under 100lbs to my goal weight! How freaking cool is that? I no longer have to type 3 digits! That is an accomplisment. I believe I have an open diary and I'm always open for friend requests, motivation, support, whatever!!
    I admit I'm a pinterest addict and I actually went from pinning horrible food to pinning fitspiration and motivational quotes and workout routines! :) it's all about changing your views!
  • lalouisiana
    Options
    Morning everyone, just started this clean eat life style. I have 70 lbs to lose, but will be taking it one pound at a time, i'm in no hurry with this. I just want to stay happy with life in itself:)
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You guys are all fantastic :) I would love to be part of your group and please add me anyone and everyone.
    It helps so much to see I'm not the only one sitting at 324 lbs and trying to change my life. I was so down this morning because I couldn't complete a 1 mile workout but seeing that I'm not alone helps.
    I will put a smile on my face and try try again as they say.
  • khloesdad0124
    khloesdad0124 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Same, add me as well. I have kind of hit a plateau recently and am struggling to get off of the plateau area. Need some motivation.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I like your attitude. My goals are a bit different at the moment, but still necessary. I still have some weight to lose (maybe 25-30 pounds), but my focus right now is muscle building. I mean, I'm working towards both, but the weight lifting has only been going on for a month. My friends are amazing for support and advice, so I think you're off to the right start by seeking support. Best of luck to you, you have a winning attitude - that will serve you well :)
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What a fab crowd. We can all do this. Great starter Em.
  • katdog1984j
    katdog1984j Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm at 330lbs my goal is 200lbs. I have to literally mentally argue myself out of eating something I shouldn't. I starred strong and lost 22lbs now I find myself regressing. I need positive people who know what its like. Please feel free to add me so we can encourage and motivate each other. :) I'm still getting in the hang of MFP also
  • Colleens6677
    Colleens6677 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Marcia661 wrote: »
    You guys are all fantastic :) I would love to be part of your group and please add me anyone and everyone.
    It helps so much to see I'm not the only one sitting at 324 lbs and trying to change my life. I was so down this morning because I couldn't complete a 1 mile workout but seeing that I'm not alone helps.
    I will put a smile on my face and try try again as they say.

I'm at 330lbs my goal is 200lbs. I have to literally mentally argue myself out of eating something I shouldn't. I starred strong and lost 22lbs now I find myself regressing. I need positive people who know what its like. Please feel free to add me so we can encourage and motivate each other. :) I'm still getting in the hang of MFP also

You guys can do this! It is a daily struggle but just keep thinking that today you are going to win. I try not to look to far into the future. I am just trying to get through today and this weekend.

Marcia- You got up and moved. That is the important thing. Tomorrow you can try to go a little longer. Just keep it up!!! You can do it!

Katdog- I have to sometimes yell at myself at home to not eat something. It is pretty strange but I just have to say the words out loud so I am telling myself to not give in!
  • luvforever
    luvforever Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I started at 378 pounds in June. I'm currently at 287 and I *hope* to get to 150, but that's subject to change. Support is a giant factor, but so is accountability. I know that when I gain 5 pounds (hello December) that I made poor choices. Good luck to each and everyone with their own personal goals!
  • eml298
    eml298 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I'm jumping in as promised, but I've had a wicked migraine all day so I can't stay long. Will put out personalized messages tomorrow! Keep on keeping on!
  • scudderva
    scudderva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better. Love your inspirational messages.
  • Strongandscrappy
    Strongandscrappy Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    Hope your migraine is gone! Have a good day everyone!
  • goofydee30
    goofydee30 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    eml298 wrote: »
    <snip> I wish we got some kind of notification about new responses in threads/groups/etc.

You can!! Click the star at the top of the page (next to the title of the thread) to "bookmark" it (star will turn yellow)! You'll get notifications of posts like you get for comments to your home page! :) In my browser (Firefox), I get pop-ups telling me who posted even if I am not on the MFP tab- that's how I knew to come over! :) You can also click the yellow star at the top of the page of the community area (or your homepage) and see a dropdown of all your followed threads with number of updates.

• goofydee30
    goofydee30 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Did i miss something, did a group start? Feel free to add me so we can encourage each other through this battle we call "weight loss"
  • Novileigh
    Novileigh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join a group with some people. I'm Novi. I'm really hoping to converse with someone/a few encouraging folks about getting things started. I have no major injuries that would stop me from working out, but I make excuses, and that needs to stop. I'm just under the 300lb mark on the scale, which is the highest weight I've ever carried, and with my height and build should be nearly half that - its a difficult journey, and one I've made before.

I guess my story is somewhat similar to Colleen's - I started at aout 270lbs a few years ago. Sadly, when I got down near 180, I got too gung ho, burned myself out, and gained all of my weight back and then some. I've held onto it for far too long and I'm ready to get the excuses out of my way and really move forward in this!

Katdog - I know what its like, and its a difficult place to be at. Your progress so far has been incredible though, and you're capable of so much more, including resisting the backslide!
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Bravo on you for putting this out there and working towards your goal-- you go girl! I'm currently only looking to look approximately 10 pounds (more concerned about muscle growth and endurance at this stage). Luckily good genetics and a high metabolism have managed to keep me at a healthy weight most my life, so while those "last few pounds" that most people dread losing, they're all I have. I have SO much respect for people looking to make such big lifestyle changes and work on getting to their goal weights. I wish you the best of luck, and you're more than welcome to add me-- we can cheer each other on. Because goals like these, big or small, require someone running alongside you saying YOU CAN DO IT!
  • eml298
    Options
    I started a group! It's called (big surprise): No fear of commitment here! Daily motivation toward living life more fully! :)

I set it to "Public," but wonder if anyone wants to do private since we're starting to get to know each other here. Thoughts?

Great idea about the group, those of you who suggested it! Individual threads with different foci might be nice!

So, join the group here:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103780-no-fear-of-commitment-here-daily-motivation-toward-living-life-more-fully
  • eml298
    Options
    And, sorry for the double post, but it's time for my daily, personal commentary!!

@portlandsundevil‌ - I've started the group. The link's above! Come on over, and we'll learn together! :)

@kismea‌ - So glad to have you here!! Please join in the fun (and now the group, if you like!)! Oh, and WOO-HOO!!! You have made AMAZING progress!!! Awesome - very inspiring! I hope to be there in some months!! :)

@Colleens6677‌ - Welcome!! :) More motivation and encouragement to share (and be received) just means a better group! 19 down! That's great! I'm jealous (and proud) that you're already under the dreaded 300...you're on your way!! So glad to have you! --> AND, your point about groups convinced me! We've got one now - I posted the link in the post above! Oh, and thanks for already offering personal encouragement to others - love to see that happening!! Gold star for you! :)

@Myrtlemama4‌ - Welcome!! You don't have to start another decade unhealthy! You've come to the right place! You and I (and several others) can work together to roll into in with a bang! So glad you're here. ;)

@callsitlikeiseeit‌ - Welcome! :) Another 19 pounds down! Look at you - awesome! :) Glad to have someone who vows to log in daily and support each other!

@alettep‌ - Welcome!! Another summer birthday! 42 for you, 40 for me - and several others coming up soon, too! So glad to have you! There's plenty of inspiration, motivation, and need for more here, so join us! :)

@scudderva‌ - EXCELLENT quote you posted above! Niiiice! Love to bring some braininess into the group, and being a psychologist, I think your quote is quite well chosen! (I just need to practice what I preach!) And, thanks for the well wishes yesterday. That migraine was a b*tch! It's better now - thank goodness!

@ShellyPro - Thanks, lady! :) We love the encouragement! Reminded us to work on some small goals as we finally wind down after nine hours of cleaning/unpacking/rearranging this insane house! And, YES!! Two digit goals are fabulous!! WAY TO GO!!!! I hope to be hot on your heels soon! ;) Change is good, even if it's scary sometimes.

@lalouisiana‌ - So glad to see you again!! You can do it! You're well on your way by coming back to MFP! It's motivating to me to know people are choosing to come back to this thread! Thank you! :)

@Marcia661‌ - Welcome!! Thanks for coming in! Glad we're friends now! And, don't fret! I'd have a hard time doing a mile, too, probably. That said, I can do great leg-based exercises (more than many more "fit" people, because these hams are carrying around all this weight all the time!! See - it's all about perspective! We all have our strengths and weaknesses. We have to gather courage from the foundation of our strengths, and then work toward improving our weaknesses. The great thing is we have each other, and that's a big part of the battle!

@khloesdad0124‌ - Welcome! Glad to have you! Feel free to friend me personally if you like, and join the group I just created and/or hang out in this thread! As we go along, I guess we'll all find our stride about which ways of communicating work best. You can do it, we'll all help you! :)

@Deena_Bean‌ - Welcome!! Thank you so much for your lovely and thoughtful comments!! You have a fab attitude! :) I am sure you will do amazingly on your newly focused goals, and welcome you to hang here as much as you like! Motivation is great no matter whether goals are exactly the same or not. While I'm glad there are some folks in a similar boat to mine here, I think the best motivation groups have folks in all different stages of their journeys. We can encourage each other through the parts we've successfully struggled through, or propel the further person through with knowledge we'll know what's to come! :)

@apple173 - Welcome! So glad to have you! :) Keep coming back!

@katdog1984j‌ - Welcome!! :) This is a perfect place for you! I can totally relate to arguing with yourself over not eating something! And, I know it's a struggle. I get losing steam after 22 pounds - but hey, how awesome are you for having gotten off the first 22!! You can do this, and I think seeking out this thread and coming in for support is a fantastic way to protect yourself from regressing. Know that we're here, we care, and we GET it! :) Keep coming back!

@luvforever - Welcome!! WOWZA!!!! YOU are a rock star!! 378 down to 287 (and since June - as in, 8 months ago???) Amazing! That's an inspiration! :) You're so right - support AND accountability are both necessary! Regarding accountability, I'm hoping people in this thread (or the new group) will call me out if I backslide, or especially if I stop showing up! When I say I'm going to exercise, I wanna be called out if I don't! :) Thanks for stopping by - would love for you to drop in whenever!

@mrscapri77‌ - Thanks!! I'm feeling better! And, nice to see you there with your awesome, fit avatar reminding me to KEEP going! :)

@goofydee30 - Hey there! You didn't miss anything! We're friends already, and I'm glad to see you back! I did create a group, though, just now. The link is in the post above so you can join, and I'll put it at the bottom of this post, too! Nice to see you! :)

@Novileigh‌ - Welcome!! :) You and I are in the same boat! I get the excuses thing...it's always something. Or, it WAS - not anymore, right?? We're doing this! Together! We've made progress before, so we can do it again. We have each other, and look at you - already offering positive feedback to others! Awesome! Keep coming back! We all need each other! :)

@NekoneMeowMixx‌ - Welcome!! I *love* your triquetra tattoo, and have ironically been thinking of getting a similar one in the same spot (it'd be my first). How 'bout them apples? ;) Muscle growth and endurance sound like excellent goals! And, the last few pounds ARE hard to lose, but also maybe arbitrary if other NSVs are falling into place. You can do it! :)

~~~~

Wow! There are a lot of people stopping in! Fantastic!!

See my post above this one about the group, and join! The link's there!

QUESTION FOR ALL FOR TONIGHT:
    Do you want the group to be private? This would mean only people who ask to join join, and then only those folks could read what is written. Of course, everyone who's posting in this thread would be welcome. Or, we keep it public (how it's set currently) and anyone can read it. Let me know!