Up 24 or Fitbit??

Options
hey, I currently have a jawbone up24 but I'm on my 4th one within a year and getting a bit fed up with it now, I keep breaking them not sure why/how. I was thinking maybe to switch to the Fitbit charge. Does anyone have any suggestions on what's the better device?

Replies

• pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex, but I have to look at my phone to see the number of steps. My partner has a Charge (and now more steps than me). She's happy with it. My sister broke her Charge (I don't know how), but Fitbit replaced it for her.
  • girlnextdior93
    Options
    Just bought a Fitbit charge HR and love it. Still working my way around the cal target it has set. Cannot compare to a jawbone. I love how the exercise page on the app informs me of the "zone" I was working in when I exercised. Love the sleep summary. Love that there is a gentle alarm. Love heart rate monitor just love it. It works with my fitness which is way better for food logging. The food search isn't great so stick to my fitness for food diary but it talks to the Fitbit app anyway.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I like Fitbit in general. I have the Surge now and in my opinion, it needs some work before it is right. The HR monitor is not very accurate and calorie burn calculations are off because of it. I am working with Fitbit to see what is going on, and they are good about that, but save the $$$ and get the Charge without the HR or the Surge's GPS, which kills the battery.

My .02
  • marteenfrase
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reviews! @pjcfrancis‌, @girlnextdior93‌ and @Chaelaz‌ it's much appreciated. The jawbone is pretty similar with the features of the Fitbit charge but the display of the steps on the Fitbit is winning me over at the moment.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone UP24 & a Fitbit Flex. (I'm a data nerd.) They both do the same thing* (calculate your TDEE + sync with MFP), and they've both broken & been replaced the same number of times.

After all, they're tiny computers I wear on my wrist 24/7. (I only take them off to charge—they even track sleep.) But Fitbit's customer service is way better.

*The biggest difference is UP requires a compatible smartphone or tablet, while Fitbit can sync (via a dongle) with a computer.
  • lg3737
    Options
    I have a fitbit one which I love I had it for about a year. It's very small you can see all the data right from the screen. Best of all its not visible I usually clip it to my bra and it has never gotten loose.