getting motivation back

Options
Recently I've been really stressed out at work and dealing with an unruly 5 yr old boy and a 7 yr old girl. On top of daily life chores, etc. I always come home super achy, sore and tired with a major headache, but I still need to get things done around the house and my motivation to work out as often as I used to is waning and I've noticed I've been slowly eating my stress away by eating a lot more sugary foods like I used to 2 yrs ago before I started my weight loss/healthy lifestyle journey. How can I get out of this loss of motivation and start back up with healthy eating and exercising on a daily basis?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I'm just back from a 2 week hiatus. I'm hoping taking the 2 weeks to chill and refocus will help me back on track. Maybe a short break will help just remember to set a restart date that is solid. I have also found getting a new app or piece of exercise equipment also helps. Good luck :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You lost 33 pounds, WTG. Look at your before picture and decide if thats where you want to be again.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Get up early and get moving. After a couple of days it becomes a habit. No more excuses.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 yo with autism and a 2 yo, and I work part time. Sometimes it feels really hard to motivate myself as I feel so tired, but I know that I generally feel better when I have done it, it helps to work off some of the stress, and though I might not feel it straight away it does help boost my energy. I know that tired as I am sometimes I don't feel anywhere near as bad as when I was 5 stone heavier, on meds for high blood pressure and cholesterol and struggling to keep up with my 7 year old.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    As weird as it sounds, when everything else seems to be going crazy in my life (or if it's just one of those days) I think to myself....at least I'm healthier!
  • Hugo414
    Hugo414 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Use the gym as "you" time. Take 1 hour and just dedicate that to yourself.