Addicted to eating

Options
I can't stop eating, but gotta lose 10lbs as fast as possible...my clothes aren't fitting me properly anymore.

Replies

• spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You can stop. Are you eating out of emotional need and fulfillment? I tend to binge eat twice a week and am going to start writing daily about my goals, thoughts around food, current state and so forth. You can search online for writing prompts associated with weight loss. I think it would be beneficial to you, as I hope it will be to me.

I'll do some looking around and if you're interested, private message me and I'll send you what I find.

I hope you know how truly capable you are of achieving great things and taking control of your emotions and habits.
  • princesstomasita
    princesstomasita Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You couldn't be more right! Thanks & yea I would appreciate u sharing anything you find. :)
  • Loaski1
    Loaski1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Thanks for the link spacelump.
  • watsonnew91
    Options
    Try intermittent fasting... By not eating until about 2pm I have dramatically cut down on the amount of food I want to eat and my cravings... Probably because my meals are so much bigger and I have plenty of room to snack in between.
  • Hugo414
    Hugo414 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You control that beast, the beast does not control you!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I have had success by filling up on nonstarchy vegetables.
  • melorastar
    melorastar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! I used to call myself the void, that I'd just open my mouth and suddenly everything in the kitchen would be gone. Many people out there consider themselves emotional eaters, but I just like food too much I think, it's like a passion, especially when your friends are foodies too but the only difference is that they get away with it... But currently after a month I've learned to curb overeating by being strict with myself and tracking calories. If you set yourself a goal and stick to it I'm sure you can achieve what you want!
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What type of foods are you currently eating? You can probably eliminate a little at a time and see major results. I know soda is a big one. I know many people that have lost a few pounds simply by cutting soda out of their diets.