Garmin Vivofit anyone?

I am Looking to upgrade my current HRL monitor. I have the polar ft4. Looking for more of an activity tracker but want the option of a chest strap. For accuracy reasons. Ive tried the polar loop and well...it sucked sad to say. So...I came across tell Garmin Vivofit and would like opinions from those who have one. Thanks!!

Replies

• mustangtiff21
    mustangtiff21 Posts: 21 Member
    Anyone?
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    I have one and I love it! I got the vivofit because I already had the chest strap for one of Garmin's watches. Unfortunately, about the time I got the vivofit I had an injury and haven't been able to work out hard enough to use the HRM, but I love the steps and the synching....when it works. There were quite a few problems with synching back and forth between MFP and Garmin in Dec and Jan, but it seems to be working better now. I also like the Garmin over the fitbit because I use it as a watch and I can actually see it!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    I bought one for my significant other. It's one of the only ones I saw that can be used in water as well. Works very well for step counting and sleep tracking. Don't have the chest strap for it.
  • ElPasoMark
    ElPasoMark Posts: 47 Member
    Greetings. They get good reviews. More of an "Activity tracker" than a "Fitness/exercise watch" (Like a Garmin FR210/610). I don't have one, but want one (I like gadgets) to track my daily calorie burn and steps. For exercise I use a Garmin FR610 (Walk/jog), Garmin 800 (Cycling), and Garmin FR70 (Calisthenics & weights). Yes, I like Garmin products :D Here's a link to an in depth review of the Vivofit-

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/03/garmin-vivofit-review.html

Great website, loads of reviews, very informative. I recommend that website to any/all interested in "Fitness/sport gadgets." Hope that helped.

Cheers,

Mark
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    I have one. Love it. Never take it off, no need to charge (yet). Bought the band by itself but decided to purchase the HRM as well (even though I already had 2 others that were not compatible). It does seem to give net calories burned though versus gross.
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    I had one but recently (couple months ago) upgraded to a Vivosmart. I like it better than the Vivofit because it offers finer control over exercise logging and integrates with my smartphone via bluetooth. It also automatically syncs. The downside is it requires charging about once per week vs the Vivofit which lasts up to a year.
  • amyashworth98
    amyashworth98 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey, I've got the vivofit too. I got it when I signed up with my health fund. Don't have the HRM and really don't want or need it. I find it easy to use and easy to sync. Just having a few problems syncing calorie data.
  • gio14
    gio14 Posts: 57 Member
    Fitbit Charge HR best all around, no chest strap needed.
  • mustangtiff21
    Thanks all!! I like the option of the chest strap so think I will stick to this. Going to also look into the vivosmart. Thanks for the review link as well Mark!
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    I have the VivoSmart and it's great; like being able to get texts, and see HR and Bike speed while riding.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    I have the Vivofit w/HRM strap & I like it. Had been wearing the Polar FT7 (not comfy strapwise) plus an extra gizmo on the wrist
    I'm a Fitbit fan but when my Force died they had not come out with their new products and going back to my Flex ended up decreasing my steps (couldn't see them, lol). So went with Vivofit (have not checked out Vivosmart) .
    Currently am wearing both the Flex & Vivofit.
  • I also have the Vivofit w/HRM strap & I like it. Keeps me in line when I do Insanity !
  • Jyve
    Jyve Posts: 4
    Pretty happy with the vivofit - HRM occasionally drops out, so you need to check out the watch to make sure it's still active. You can be several metres away and it will still work (good if you're dancing/doing acro and still need to have full wrist flex for handstands etc)
  • abradley423
    abradley423 Posts: 1 Member
    I have a vivofit and love it. Sometimes the steps aren't accurate, but I think anyone would be that way. How can I add all of you to the app for it?
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    I use the same name if you want to add me
  • martinabaer
    martinabaer Posts: 13 Member
    I've had a Vivosmart for four days now. I researched and hemmed & hawed for a month before deciding on it. My runner up was the Fitbit Charge HR. I had the Fitbit Force but found it a bit clunky to wear. I also previously had the BodyMedia armband. I found that to be a lot more accurate and comfortable but I started having trouble with it and since the company was bought out by Jawbone, they weren't making support a priority. I've been really happy with the Vivosmart. I love the red motion/activity bar for staying motivated and the auto-goal, too. I have the wrong phone for synching so I can't speak to those features, but it's not a big deal for me to plug it in to synch while I'm at my computer every night. The reviews for accuracy seemed to be better than FitBit, which seems to run high. And the FitBit HR seems to have pretty serious problems with the actual HR monitoring which was important to me.

If you decide to go with a Garmin, feel free to add me as a Connection, if interested. I'm "BookFairy". :-)
  • eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    airangel59 wrote: »
    I have the Vivofit w/HRM strap & I like it. Had been wearing the Polar FT7 (not comfy strapwise) plus an extra gizmo on the wrist
    I'm a Fitbit fan but when my Force died they had not come out with their new products and going back to my Flex ended up decreasing my steps (couldn't see them, lol). So went with Vivofit (have not checked out Vivosmart) .
    Currently am wearing both the Flex & Vivofit.

Have you found the Fitbit calorie estimates to be in line with the Vivofit? My fitbit died and today I replaced it with the Vivosmart but the calorie adjustment seems higher than I expected. I would love to compare the two side by side but since the Fitbit is dead I can't do that. I'm quite interested in what numbers you are seeing.

• mustangtiff21
    Im debating in whether to get the vivofit thats out now that r wait for the vivofit 2 in a month.....its quite a price difference too.....