Help

Options
Hi , in need of a little advice ..I am staying within my calorie allowance. But im still snack on chocolate or crips each day. Any advice

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Dont snack on 'crips'
  • Shauna708
    Shauna708 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How bad are they...what about chocolates
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Shauna708 wrote: »
    How bad are they...what about chocolates

the point is don't snack
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is bad too....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you are in your calories you are in your calories

If you really want to stop eating them then stop buying them
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I snack on the foods I love every day too. I say shed the guilt and keep the crisps.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you are in your calories you are in your calories

If you really want to stop eating them then stop buying them

This. If it fits your calories and you want it and aren't sacrificing other nutritional needs then have it.

• klandmeiet
    klandmeiet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there is a consistency craving. If you crave a crunch and salt, you might switch to carrots. You can almost eat enough carrots to turn your skin orange and not go over. As for the salt, stop it. Just stop it:) and yes, if it fits in your calories then eat it, but track it before it goes into your mouth. Popcorn might be a better alternative as well.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You said you make them fit into your caloric allowance. There is no problem.
  • Shauna708
    Options
    Thanks for the replies...it's easy to say stop snacking but doing it is another thing. I am try to break the habit.
  • suzie0462
    Options
    If u must eat chocolate. Make it dark chocolate. Less fat and a lot of antioxidants. :) minimal amounts at least 2 hrs prior to bedtime. I love my chips and chocolate too. Chips u can find special k chips which are low in calories! And they r good. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • fastcardriver
    Options
    Cut the chips and go for dried up fruits and nuts in moderation if you fancy something crunchy.
  • Shauna708
    Options

@ fastcars ..dired fruits are not as good as they seem ..but thanks for the advice nuts is also my weaknesses lol I have to stay far from them
  • Shauna708
    Options
    @suzie0462‌ cant stand dark chocolate ..will jus have to try and cut back..Thanks for the advice
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    There is NOTHING WRONG WITH SNACKING as long as you stay within your calorie target. Even crisps and chocolate. Make sure you drink enough water...the sodium in the crisps may make you retain water and keep the scale from moving. :)
  • Shauna708
    Options
    Wow thats interesting never knew that .. thanks for sharing @ wizzybeth... I need the scales to move to looks like I will need to cut them out :(
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Awwww, don't cut anything out. Water weight is temporary. Food is good. Snacks keep you from getting too hungry at any one time.
  • Shauna708
    Options
    Loosing weight is so confusing , so many different diets out there. Its a task in itself to find the right one for yourself. Eat this! Dont eat that!!! ( scream ) lol
  • jgnatca
    Options
    MFP takes a lot of the pain out of deciding. As long as you take in fewer calories than you need to maintain, you will lose weight. All the other "rules" have to do with what one person or another considers "healthy". And yes, there's a lot of conflicting advice out there.

I grit my teeth when people forbid themselves this food or another thinking it's "unhealthy". It's far more unhealthy not to eat a variety of foods every day.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i dont think dieting has to be about cutting out, rather cutting down. choosing somewhat healthier options. i have chocolate almost every day and instead of crisps( i call them chips?) i do a low cal flavored popcorn.