wanna lose thigh n hip fat :(

Options
i m frustrated with this fat i m a housewife....

Replies

• zahraumer
    zahraumer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    n i can't make time for myself with one year little son

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah, me too. Unfortunately the only way to do it is to keep chugging away and losing fat in general. You got this.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    All you need is a calorie deficit. You can't spot reduce, so it will come off all over. Are there things you can do with him (i.e. playgroups or outdoor activities if you're in a better climate than me right now) to incorporate a bit of activity?
  • Ni_kki
    Ni_kki Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If we could pick and choose where we gained/lost fat from that would be great.. unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Much to my husbands dismay. B)

• zahraumer
    zahraumer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    really its getting tough day by day bcoz all house work i hav to do n also cant go to gym levig my baby alone :(
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Take the baby for a walk. Lots of DVDs you can do at home while your baby is sleeping.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my post baby weight with my first walking, so it can definitely work. Also when the weather is too cold, mall walking is a decent alternative.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    There is also baby and me yoga if you are looking to get out of the house.
    http://www.mymamaandme.com/baby-me-yoga/
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Besides, you are staying home. Many women have kids and work, and they fit in some exercise (doesn't have to be much) and eat healthy. So if they can do it, you can, too! :)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    You can go for walks with the your child.
    Workout when he/she is taking a nap.
    Get up 30 min before he/she does and get a quick workout in.
    Do a quick workout after he/she goes to bed.

.....or just continue to eat in a calorie deficit. Be patient, but make some time for yourself. I was able to when my son was that age. I just had to work in or take a little from my sleep time. I was able to manage.

You can do this!!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Walking! Might I add that as hard as it may seem now, this is probably the time when it may be the easiest. Taking baby for a walk now is a lot easier then when they want to run around and just don't cooperate in general. Also, baby fat is easier to loose when it is fresh (for a lack of a better phrase :) )
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Maybe check out Maria Kang? She's a mother of three and has a lot of material on fitness and how to get and stay in shape even with a busy parents' schedule.
  • dinosaurteaparty
    Options
    Housework is activity too. If you're on your feet all day, why not get a pedometer, or use an app on your phone to track how much you're moving. You could also join a gym that has a daycare option, or jog with your baby in his stroller. There's a lot of quick, daily fitness routines out there too, which you can do in front of the TV or computer while your baby is down for a nap. I like Jillian Michaels workouts a lot, and I think they're on Youtube.

Honestly even if you can't get around to working out, the most important factor in weight loss is your diet. Buy a cheap digital scale and start tracking your calories. If you keep a calorie deficit going, you'll loose weight one way or another. Especially if you're breastfeeding, that can really help melt the fat off.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Bundle your baby in his pram. And walk, walk, walk. As someone else said, it's much easier to do this now while he's younger. The fresh air will do you both good :smile:
    Don't most gyms have crèches these days??
  • LookAWalrus
    LookAWalrus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a 14 month old, I get it. She's only recently started letting me do things like house work without being up my butt screaming for attention. Do you baby wear? You could get a wrap or a soft structured carrier and take baby on walks/do housework that way. You can do yoga with your baby or workout during naps. A 15-20 minute workout is better than none. The most important thing is food, obviously.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    zahraumer wrote: »
    n i can't make time for myself with one year little son

And yet you've taken the time for yourself to get online and type this out.

You have time. You're just not prioritizing it towards fitness. In the time you've spent on this forum, you could have done a workout dvd (or Daily Burn or Fitness Blender or something like that), ran a few miles on a treadmill, etc.

• NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You lose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym. Start by tracking what you eat. Weigh, measure and log your food. Then bundle your baby in a stroller and go for a walk. No need to go to the gym. There are plenty of things you can do along with your baby. It was far easier to exercise when my son was an infant than now when I have to run him to all of his activities...

ETA: You also can't spot reduce. All you can do is reduce your overall body fat. It will come off from where it wants to come off.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Your gym doesn't have a daycare?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Walk lots, do a workout while he naps, find a gym with a crèche....

I have 3 children and a husband who works shifts. I'm currently on maternity leave until after Easter, but I'm a teacher. I've always found time to workout and lost the baby weight after my other two, and I'm losing now after my third, who is 9 months now. When I go back to work I'll still be exercising as much as possible, and I walk a lot too.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    strap the little one in and get moving!