Tired of being fat.

Options
nataliereyes1656
nataliereyes1656 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
The struggle with my weight started after puberty. I have lost weight gained weight most of my life since. My heaviest weight was 282 in May of 2012. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. I moved to Mexico that year with my husband and needed to make a change. I was sick and tired of people telling me how big I was as if I didn't already know. I was the fat daughter-in-law etc. I would cry at times to my husband. I was so miserable and unsecure with myself. It was March of 2013 that I began to exercise. I ate the same foods but only half of what I normally ate. I began to drink water which I never did. It has been hard. I went down to 212 but have gained a few during the holidays and now currently weigh 217. I have fallen several times but I refuse give up. I have worked very hard to get where I am at now. My goal weight is 150 pounds. I'm hoping to reach it this year.

Replies

• steph_cogan
    steph_cogan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) you can do it! Xx
  • fastcardriver
    Options
    You can do it, you got the right attitude!
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Keep at it!
  • katab2014
    katab2014 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done, you're an inspiration!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    My only advice is you need a switch to go on in your head that triggers you to be dedicated and committed to do this over the long haul. I started and stopped so many weight loss phases that nothing happened for YEARS.

Find the don't give up switch b/c it will take a couple months to notice results. It was 4 months until I got comments at work.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You are doing very well! I bow to you. When you get closer to goal it will get harder. If you remember that these life changes have their own reward, it is easier to be patient.
  • roos62
    Options
    The struggle with my weight started after puberty. I have lost weight gained weight most of my life since. My heaviest weight was 282 in May of 2012. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. I moved to Mexico that year with my husband and needed to make a change. I was sick and tired of people telling me how big I was as if I didn't already know. I was the fat daughter-in-law etc. I would cry at times to my husband. I was so miserable and unsecure with myself. It was March of 2013 that I began to exercise. I ate the same foods but only half of what I normally ate. I began to drink water which I never did. It has been hard. I went down to 212 but have gained a few during the holidays and now currently weigh 217. I have fallen several times but I refuse give up. I have worked very hard to get where I am at now. My goal weight is 150 pounds. I'm hoping to reach it this year.

• goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Not only can you do it, but you will do it. I can't wait to read your success story!
  • MFPLynne
    MFPLynne Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! And congrats on your journey so far. I also will be on the lookout for your success story! :)