Looking for other Post-Partum mamas out there!

Options
Hey all! I'm 6 months post-partum, and I've lost 30 of the 41 pounds I gained during my pregnancy. I've got 11 more pounds to lose before I hit my pre-pregnancy weight and then about 16 more pounds from there until I hit my goal weight. I'm just looking for some encouragement from mamas who are also doing the work! Feel free to add me, ladies!

Replies

• egates1984
    egates1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's great! I just had a baby on Dec 1 via c-section. I gained 25 lbs and have lost about 15 naturally so far. I can't wait to get the okay to exercise again! What programs did you use and would it be good after a section?
  • confused2113
    Options
    I'm a year postpartum and have just been gaining weight. I'm trying my best to figure out the best way to start losing. So glad you've almost hit your goal weight.
  • cmjads27
    cmjads27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 2.5 months post... Our second baby boy was born in October and was my second csection. I only gained 15 pounds and have already lost it all but before you hate me I have tiny babies and deal with high blood pressure and preecclampsia plus I start out already needing to lose 20-25 pounds!!! So I'm starting a journey to do that with a nursing 2 month old who won't let me exercise more than 10 minutes before he senses I'm doing it and wakes up! Nutrition is hardest for me especially knowing I'm breastfeeding and can't exactly cut down too much nor is it healthy to. But I need to be healthier in general and get rid of my flabby belly from the quick weight loss after delivery. Before I had to take it easy during the end of the pregnancy I was doing physical therapy with lots of strength training on the exercize ball... If you don't already have one its worth the buy and I'm starting to get back to that, it definitely helped me feel stronger during pregnancy with my stomach muscles :)
  • bedollaalicia
    Options
    I just had my precious baby boy December 12th. I have lost 30pounds. I'm at 154 and want to get down to 120. I need to stop being lazy and start working out again. I am a veteran and as soon as I was discharged from the Army, I just got so lazy and ate whatever I wanted with no exercise during my pregnancy. Let's all support one another! We can do it!
  • mommylane2015
    Options
    Hi! It's so nice to hear from all the other post-partum moms! I had my first baby boy October 20. I was breastfeeding at first and I shed about 15 pounds with out exercising. We found out my son has a milk base allergy so I can no longer breast feed. It's been a little harder for me to lose weight & take care of him. Being a first time mom I'm still trying to juggle the two.
  • bklimuck
    bklimuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 12 weeks post partum ☺️ add me.
  • kcusine
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a little over a year postpartum from my second baby! I had gained 45lbs with my first and 25lbs with my second (at this point I was 20lbs heavier than my starting point)! I lost 20lbs right away while breastfeeding. However after I got my IUD put in I plateaued. After getting it out I have lost 21lbs but I still have another 20 to go!! I go to Orangetheory but after 2 c-sections my stomach is still a bowl of jelly. I'm hoping once I reach my goal my stomach will look semi-normal. It's definitely not sexy right now!!
  • kgustman
    Options
    Another post partum momma looking to get motivated to get this weight off. My baby is 9 weeks old and I have 25 more lbs to lose to be at pre-pregnancy weight, then five more to my final goal. That feels like a lot but I lost fifty pounds four years ago, so I know I can do it!
  • josama22
    Options
    I had a baby boy on Decemer 14th. Have 10kg to lose :\ I lost it easily with my daughter (almost 3yo) but not this time. Happy for anyone to "friend" me!
  • kristen5629
    kristen5629 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 11 days postpartum. Feel free to add me.
  • Ywilliams82
    Ywilliams82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 7 weeks PP and I had a natural delivery and exclusively breastfeeding.

I've lost 23lbs so far and want to lose an additional 35lbs (not all of that is baby weight)

Feel free to add me, can always do with motivation :smiley:
  • kjtichols
    kjtichols Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats on your baby and your progress! I had my first baby 2 months ago tomorrow. I gained about 45 pounds and lost 20 pounds automatically in the first 5 days and haven't lost a single pound since then. I love my beautiful baby, but she is challenging. She is not a good sleeper and borders on colicky and I have been stress eating. I have only been able to take walks for exercises starting a few weeks ago because of delivery injuries. All in all I'm pretty frustrated. I was pretty active and healthy before getting pregnant and I am so far from that right now. None of my clothes fit and I am just so weak. I am taking this weekend to purge my kitchen and plan on getting myself back together officially staring Monday. I need all the help and support I can get! Feel free to add me.
  • ccvianzon
    ccvianzon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So many mama stories! I'm almost 3 months post-partum. My third kiddo. Its tough to get the right amount of sleep. But, I'm trying because I know that has a lot to do with weight loss... I'f love to meet like minded individuals, so that we can encourage each other :)
  • brittpursell
    Options
    I'm 8 months post partum with my second csection. I was doing well with losing weight until I had to stop breast feeding. 15 lbs crept back and now I'm back to 50lbs away from my goal. Buckling down and tackling this as of today. No more excuses!!! Would love to make friends and have support in this community!