Loss of my only Child.....

Options
It will soon be 4 years of the loss of my daughter my best friend!!!! I have Fibromyalgia & a severe back injury. My sister shared with me the day after Christmas I needed to lose weight she said start walking you have nothing else to do. I started walking with my best friend iPhone 6 plus!!! I got discouraged walking as sunny warm Florida came to a halt. I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days. Great place to think as you sure can't get any sleep. Boy, did I do some thinking and major changes in my life the day after I got out of the hospital. I am now a firm believer in My Fittness Pal. I am walking an hour 7 days a week in the halls of my condo. I'm dancing & singing with my Quaker bird as she doesn't laugh at me. I have a walking buddy a few times a week. I listen to podcast & music. I have made s goal to lose 20lbs by April 15th. I had already lost 10lbs in 31/2 weeks. My eating plan as I call it I don't say the word DIET has helped with the pain in my joints. My Fitness Pal is now keeping up with my goals!!! My sweet daughter will never be forgotten and my tears that run down my face are happy tears knowing she is saying great job Mom!!!!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    i am so very sorry for your loss, and congratulate you on your changes for the better. Your daughter would be proud and happy to know you're taking care of yourself.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. Good for you on wanting to get healthy. I lost 20 pounds by walking and watching my calories. Good luck
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Your daughter is definitely smiling down on you. Keep up the good work!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you suffered such a terrible loss and have had such health difficulties, I'm really pleased for you that you have started making positive changes and are already feeling the benefits. You should be proud of yourself, I'm sure your daughter would be very happy knowing you are improving your wellbeing. I wish you continued success, and how cool to have an awesome parrot to exercise with!
  • melodyesch
    melodyesch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. But great job on your dedication and weight loss!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Your daughter is looking down on you and saying 'great job Mom'
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss; your daughter is definitely proud of you!
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i cannot imagine what you went through losing your daughter and am so sorry for your loss but well done on your weight loss so far. you are doing amazing. as a fellow fibro sufferer, i fully appreciate your efforts and how hard it can be. your daughter will be so so proud x
  • chab2
    chab2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't often post but I really wanted to tell you what an inspiration you are! You have come through the most difficult circumstances anyone could face, and through your own strength of character have emerged positive and with a new outlook. Your daughter will always be with you and I have no doubt she is smiling down on you right now.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Oh hunny. She would be so very proud of you.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you're making positive changes in your life. You should feel proud.
  • KazzBeDoinIt
    KazzBeDoinIt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What is your Daughter's name? How old is she?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!