Back at it again...

Options
The first time I started this weight loss journey , I was at 204 and within three months , I managed to go all the way down to 182 before getting lazy and putting on some major pounds. I weigh 230 now and I really could use some help :/ I am very stressed out about this. I don't know where to start.

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Well, everyone's journey is a little bit different. You have to find what works for you. And since no one knows you, it's tough to tell you where YOU need to be starting.

But if you were successful at losing weight before, then you know you can. You're just stressed and that's probably causing you to have thoughts that aren't really reflecting truth. (Such as "I don't know where to start.")

Secondly, I'd recommend looking at why you *really* stopped losing and started gaining last time. "Getting lazy" is just you putting yourself down, or glossing over something. Looking at what derailed you before will help you because chances are, it will be an obstacle this time too. You need to include tackling these likely obstacles in your plans.

And once you identify your obstacles, if you need more help, ask specific questions about them on the forums, or do more specific research. Example:

Obstacle: Hating cooking/meal prep. -- So it has to be minimized or you have to change your relationship with it. You can research strategies for meal preps. You can ask on the forums how other people have tackled this -- and get better answers than you will from a general question about food or weight loss.
  • thewisdomdiva
    Options
    You can do it. Just remember that every good choice you make is making a difference whether you can see it or not. Results = small healthy choices + time
  • thewisdomdiva
    Options
    Feel free to add me btw..
  • rielyjo
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I will add you.
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Start slowly! Make small changes at a time so it doesn't become too overwhelming for you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to chat more!