anyone with ulcerative colitis or crohns?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone on this app suffered from ulcerative colitis or crohns? I have been diagnosed with ulcerative pan-colitis, and I've been reccomended this app by some of my other crohnie friends who watch their weight. I look forward to talking to some of you! not many people seem to have IBD.

Replies

• k5disney
    k5disney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have Crohns, diagnosed 9 years ago. Just started the app to use with my Fitbit-the food tracking is much better than the Fitbit apps. I'm currently trying to lose Pred weight :/
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    impala666 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone on this app suffered from ulcerative colitis or crohns? I have been diagnosed with ulcerative pan-colitis, and I've been reccomended this app by some of my other crohnie friends who watch their weight. I look forward to talking to some of you! not many people seem to have IBD.

I have ulcerated colitis diagnosed in December 2014. I have been running on my treadmill since October 2013 and just connected with my fitbit this morning. So far I like the freedom of not having to load my run on MFP-I also am attached to Ifit so I get tired of logging things and love when the Wi-Fi picks up the information. I lost 35 lbs before the diagnosis and have since gained back 10, but I am on the losing trail again. Don't let it stop you--take your medicine and then do your body good with your workout. :wink:
  • goneundone
    goneundone Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have ulcerative colitis, diagnosed 17 years ago when I was 17. I have controlled it with diet. Send me a message if you have questions!
  • Carmen_ce
    Options
    My son has ulcerative colitis. Diagnosed when he was 14. He's 18 now and having a bad flare I suspect because of starting college this semester. Finally got GI appt for next week. Would love to hear diet advice.
  • vcocking
    Options
    I was diagnosed with UC 10 years ago and started using the app to also lose the Pred weight. Then almost a year ago I had a complete coloectomy and a J-pouch. Now I'm really trying to lose the weight the "healthy" way, not the UC way ;) . I love the app because it keeps track of obviously the food, but then I can make notes as to what days were good or bad.
    Good luck!
  • rsb1023
    rsb1023 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with UC 23 years ago when I was 26. I have been able to control it with my diet & I also take medication. I've only had one flare up in the past 15 years.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Crohnie here! Gained over 100 lbs in the past 3 years from Prednisone, Humira, Gabapentin, Remicade, and antidepressants used to treat anxiety and manage Crohn's symptoms.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have had UC since I was 10 years old, but after having my second child it seemed to get much better. Haven't had a bad flare up in a decade or so. *knocks on wood*
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has UC and was diagnosed about 2 years ago. Please feel free to add me on here...also, I'd LOVE some good recipes (especially for during moderate-flare-ups) or if anyone knows of any groups, please let me know.
  • back2hlthy
    back2hlthy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i have ulcerative pancolitis as well! diagnosed in 2010. when i was first diagnosed, i changed my diet drastically, got my stress levels under control, and trained for a triathlon. i felt AMAZING. still had a couple flare-ups during that time, but very manageable. I've gone away from that healthy lifestyle, and I feel awful pretty much all the time now. I want to feel good again (more than 20% of the time! :) )
  • hbarnesccs
    hbarnesccs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is a few months old, but I have UC, too. I was diagnosed 10 years ago at 15. I've had four flare-ups, all of them lasting quite a long time and very, very bad. I got down to 110 pounds two of the times that I was sick, and I am -not- built to weigh 110 pounds. I have an atypical case because I never feel any pain in my intestines, so I catch it when it's mad instead of beforehand. I've been in "remission" for two years now, though. My last flare was in conjunction with a double pulmonary emboli, so I have just gotten over my fear of working out again... hoping to lose my pred weight. I lost it the last three times because I ran track and cross-country for my school, but I am so out of shape now after my lung problems. :(
  • runfreer
    runfreer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I suffered from severe UC for a couple of years which resulted in a total colectomy in '06. I now have a j-pouch and am doing very well with it!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Fistulizing Crohn's