Fit Bit Pro/ Cons

Options
I am getting a fit bit flex !!!! Who has one? pros / cons ?

Replies

• RunningMs
    RunningMs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have only had bad experiences with mine. Bought it in October, by January the band had torn in two and was replace under warranty. A week later the tracker stopped working, their Customer Service has told me that the tracker will be replaced under warranty and should have arrived 3 weeks ago.

For me, it has not been worth the money. For the price paid I would expect it to last for more than 4 months.
  • Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My husband & I have the fitbit "One" & we love it. I've had it a year now & I'd buy it again. I'm sorry but I haven't heard many good things about the flex or any of the wrist ones.
  • OrchidAhra
    Options
    I have had a fitbit for 3 months. I love the little thing but I don't really find it helpful for weight loss. I find that it does motivate me to walk more if you are just looking for that little extra push.
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have had Fitbit Flex for 8 months, love it, wear it everyday. Only issue I've had was that the band would sometimes come undone and just before Christmas I lost it. Fitbit replaced it for free and it arrived within 2 weeks, over the holiday period, and I am in Australia. Only reason I would get something different is to upgrade to a Fitbit Charge HR, just waiting to hear how others are finding it.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My husband has had his for over a year and has had no issues with it. I've got a one. He likes to wear his and I like to clip mine on. I've seen some cute bands though that you can get for the flex.
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex and it motivates me to move more throughout the day, but I've found that it doesn't really help me with my workouts as it only tracks steps and not things like weight training or the elliptical. I also think it tracks more steps than I actually take due to the fact that I move my arms a lot at work without actually walking. I'm considering returning it.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have the basic Fitbit zip and there isn't anything I don't like! It has definitely motivated me to move more and I like not having to strap my HRM on for long walks.
  • ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just got a charge hr a couple of days ago and its definitely interesting... I love the graphs for motivation, the heart rate one is particularly good as I can track non walking activities such as cycling. The only problem I have atm is that I just cant believe the amount of calories it says I burn in a day (well over 3000 yesterday, did a bit of housework, walked the dog and some digging in the garden) so I think its putting mfp calorie allowances out..maybe I shouldn't link the two...

• breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I decided on a fitbit one because I figure it's more accurate clipped to my bra then on my wrist. I love being able to flip through most of my stats (distance, steps, floors..) on the actual fitbit rather than needing to use the app or website all the time or having to rely on the little lights like on the flex. The timer feature is handy and I also love the little motivational flower that grows. The silent alarm is really useful for me as my hubby struggles to sleep and a normal alarm is way too much of a shock awake for either of us. The sleep wristband for the one is kinda crap though imo.. I now wear it on my bra at night instead because the velcro kept sticking to my pillows and coming off several times in the night.

Haven't really heard that much great press for the wrist fitbits if I'm honest.

Personally, I compared the three with the features I wanted most and found the one was a clear winner.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex. Had it about 2 months, really pleased with it. I've had no problems, it's comfy on my wrist and very discreet. It feels totally secure, never had any issue with it coming loose even during strenuous activity.
    It's accurate enough for my needs - getting an idea of my steps and activity level is more important to me than 100% accuracy. I love the app and the website, great for motivation.
    All in all, no complaints and it's helped me to up my activity levels a lot since I bought it.
  • mtuck2
    mtuck2 Posts: 11
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just switched from the clip on one to the Surge. I like it okay but it's kind of big. I do like the text feature however. There seems to be some accuracy issues, occasionally it seems to counts stairs when I use the elevator. The auto-sleep is what I was really looking for as sleep is a big deal for me and I need to get a handle on it. I would like to find some Fitbit friends as well.
  • Tammietyme
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses and input. I recieved my FitBitFlex today, I got it brand new from my cousin from out of state today. I have read lots of reviews and honestly about even on the pro/ cons . I think It comes down to what your looking to get out of it. So here goes... Let's see ... if nothing else additional motivation would make it worth it to me.