Diagnosed Pre-Diabetic - Need to Track Food and Exercise

Options
Title says it all. My doctor wants to have me control my diet and exercise before prescribing meds, and my nutritionist recommended this. I don't have a smartphone so will be tracking on the web. Need support and motivation to keep at this!

Replies

• DeanHobson70
    Options
    I am a Navy Vet as well and was told I was prediabetic. Today I am not. Would love to connect and see if I can help you!
  • NavyVetLady
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, Dean! I'm hoping that by using MFP and the guidelines my nutritionist gave I can nip this thing in the bud. Advice from someone who's been there would be welcome too!
  • Grumpy_Marmot
    Options
    Navy vet as well, you will be amazed at how quick your body will heal and turn around. I was prediabetic, blood pressure, sleep apnea... You get the picture, well all of that has been resolved. Please add and I will be sure to motivate my shipmate along the way!
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Please add me
    I'm ONE number away so I'm on here as well. I refuse to take meds.
    I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks and so far down 15 pounds with Jenny Craig.

Keep track of your blood sugar levels, exercise and no carbs after 2pm worked wonders for me when I had gestational diabetes twice!!

Good luck!! Update on here or message me how it goes.
  • brilliantlysharp
    Options
    Wishing you all the best. I was diagnosed with late onset Diabetes at age 38. It is quite the change going from eating whatever you want to having to think about everything and check afterwards to see what effect it had on your BG levels. The discipline you develop will add life to your years and years to your life!