What fitness devices or apps do you use?

Options
Can you please tell me what devices or apps you are using to track your fitness activites? I have nothing at the moment and I am looking for recommendations. What has or hasn't worked for you?
Thanks so much.
Tara

Replies

• kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Pact
    Formerly gym pact
    You get paid to workout
    Mfp
    That's it
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oops
    Also
    Couch to 5k
    Fit bit when I use it
    21-day fix
  • tnf2499
    tnf2499 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    kaimi2011 wrote: »
    Pact
    Formerly gym pact
    You get paid to workout
    Mfp
    That's it

Paid to workout? I'll definitely have to look into that one. Fit bit. ..I have heard of that one but why don't you use it?
    Couch to 5k is on my list when the weather is nice. Too cold and too much snow right now in NY.
    Thanks for your reply.
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am using a Misfit Flash (Best Buy around $50) fitness tracker which I love because no charging and it will separately track sleep, walking, running, dancing without me telling it to do anything. It also will add up my regular steps like even climbing stairs, that other trackers maybe miss. All the steps will add up to an amount of miles for the day, not for the activity. So I've added Runkeeper. The Misfit app isn't great but works best on iPhones.

Combined with that, I use the free app Runkeeper so I can see pace per minute, how many miles on that activity, split times, etc. Plus play my music playlist while I run. Misfit Flash will not show how many miles, pace-just HOW MANY MINUTES your special activity goes. It works without having WiFi or internet access, too. It has some free 5k training plans.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I really like Runkeeper.
    C25K is good
    Fitivity has a lot of free apps that are pretty targeted to your interests- everything from yoga to rugby
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    What matrix are you looking to track? Worked for me how?

I use a notebook and my bike computer.
  • airbeat
    airbeat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use the Garmin Vivosmart. Its pricey at $169 but its waterproof so I never take it off until charging once a week. Auto syncs with Garmin Connect on your IPhone or other mobile device and transfers data to My Fitness Pal. Tracks Heart Rate and zones, Wake up alarm, Sleep tracker, step tracker, and several other features which work for me. All in a nice small wristband. You can check it out if interested here: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/health-fitness/vivosmart-/prod154886.html
  • tnf2499
    Options
    I am using a Misfit Flash (Best Buy around $50) fitness tracker which I love because no charging and it will separately track sleep, walking, running, dancing without me telling it to do anything. It also will add up my regular stepDE s like even climbing stairs, that other trackers maybe miss. All the steps will add up to an amount of miles for the day, not for the activity. So I've added Runkeeper. The Misfit app isn't great but works best on iPhones.

Combined with that, I use the free app Runkeeper so I can see pace per minute, how many miles on that activity, split times, etc. Plus play my music playlist while I run. Misfit Flash will not show how many miles, pace-just HOW MANY MINUTES your special activity goes. It works without having WiFi or internet access, too. It has some free 5k training plans.

50$ and free Run Keeper is definitely in my budget. Thanks for input.
  • tnf2499
    Options
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    I really like Runkeeper.
    C25K is good
    Fitivity has a lot of free apps that are pretty targeted to your interests- everything from yoga to rugby

Fitivity sounds promising. Thanks.
  • tnf2499
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Running, walking, maybe heart rate , sleep
    What is a bike computer? I'll have to look that up because I don't currently have a bike but purchasing one for spring. My favorite activity and I miss it.
  • tnf2499
    Options
    airbeat wrote: »
    I use the Garmin Vivosmart. Its pricey at $169 but its waterproof so I never take it off until charging once a week. Auto syncs with Garmin Connect on your IPhone or other mobile device and transfers data to My Fitness Pal. Tracks Heart Rate and zones, Wake up alarm, Sleep tracker, step tracker, and several other features which work for me. All in a nice small wristband. You can check it out if interested here: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/health-fitness/vivosmart-/prod154886.html

A little pricey but sounds like it's worth it! Thanks.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    tnf2499 wrote: »

What is a bike computer? I'll have to look that up because I don't currently have a bike but purchasing one for spring. My favorite activity and I miss it.

like this...

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Garmin-Edge-510-GPS-Bike-Computer_10246693_10208_10000001_-1_

Are you looking for training apps...there are a number of c25k programs out there if you want to run. If you want to track your HR during exercise, the Polar FT4 is a good budget conscious option for a HRM...for sleep you would need a fitbit or something, but I really don't think those kinds of things are worth the $$$.
  • tnf2499
    Options
    tnf2499 wrote: »

like this...

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Garmin-Edge-510-GPS-Bike-Computer_10246693_10208_10000001_-1_

Are you looking for training apps...there are a number of c25k programs out there if you want to run. If you want to track your HR during exercise, the Polar FT4 is a good budget conscious option for a HRM...for sleep you would need a fitbit or something, but I really don't think those kinds of things are worth the $$$.

Thank you! I'm going to check out your suggestions particularly the budget friendly one.
  • whiteoakcanyon
    Options
    I am just getting started on my weight loss journey and purchased the misfit shine. My first impressions are great! I love the fact that it tracks my sleep, steps, running (not done much of the recently), swimming, etc... It is discrete in it's appearance and easy to use. It is worth a look.
  • laughoften234
    laughoften234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Up Move Tracker and Love it! It keeps me motivated I just set my step goal and make sure I hit it daily. I started in January and have already lost 8lbs. The cost is $50 and u can purchase it online or at Best Buy. I Love that I don't have to wear it on my wrist I just clip it on my bra or pants and go. They do have a watch like band you can purchase as well if u want to have it on ur wrist sometimes. I've tried several trackers and this is by far my favorite. Started out with the Misfit Flash but the band broke in the first 2 weeks I had it. I have had the Up Move for 2 months now and have had no problems with it. It also links with My Fitness pal which is a positive for me!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I use Apples HealthKit App to track my steps. At the gym I use an App called Stronglifts to keep track of my lifting progress.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Day to page diary.

Pen.
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I primarily use STRAVA to track all of my fitness but I mostly run and bike but it uploads data to MFP. I also use trainerroad for an indoor bike trainer which I import into strava. I also use a polar bluetooth heartrate monitor, garmin edge 510 and a Wahoo Fitness Kickr for my bike trainer.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    MFP (obviously!)
    Fitbit
    RunKeeper
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Devices:
    Fitbit (plus the app)
    Polar FT4