New to program

Options
Hello, my name is Alyssa and I'm new to using my Garmin Vivofit and My Fitness Pal. I'm looking for some motivation to help me shed some pounds and gain some stamina. I do workout already four times per week with varied workouts, but I seem to only be gaining, despite my efforts. I eat generally clean with a lot of lean meat and fresh produce, but I've hit a plateau, so it is discouraging.

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Are you using a food scale to weigh everything that you eat and including anything that you drink in your calorie goals? Have you recently started working out? If so, you could be putting on a little bit of water weight as your muscles work to repair themselves. Also, are you eating back all of your exercise calories? Most people here only eat about half of their exercise calories.

Feel free to add me if you would like a friend on here.
  • ValyssaRaptor
    ValyssaRaptor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I don't have a food scale and I only drink water (aside from the occasionalal glass of wine, which I do take into account). Maybe I should invest in a food scale, though. I'm not new to working out, but the varied types of exercise are new. I used to stick to machines in the gym, but now I do boxing and barre.
  • atripnutt
    Options
    I'm not using a food scale it's not necessary for me. I watch what I eat on a 1600 calorie count. I eat fish, chicken, turkey, salad, fruits and veggies and oatmeal. I do spinach fruit smoothies with my Nutra-Bullet. I eat you yogurt, I bake grill my meats etc...