Greek yoghurt

Options
xMissy6x
xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
I have a huge tub of fat free greek yoghurt in the fridge ( A friend left it at my house) and i dont know what to do with it. Anyone have any recipe ideas?? Ive never even tried it before lol.

Replies

• hype360
    hype360 Posts: 1
    Options
    I usually have serving size portion with sugar free jelly and ground cinnamon. I hope you like it and this suggestion helps.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love mine with fresh fruit. Or if it's plain as a sour cream substitute.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love it with strawberries and a bit of honey!
  • enovak218
    enovak218 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can always add in some fruit, granola or dry cereal to the yogurt--my coworker puts coffee grounds in it to make it coffee flavored even! Also check out Chobani's Website (http://www.chobani.com/kitchen) they have some great recipes for all kinds of uses!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    With honey and fruit
    With a bit of dill or chives as a dip (and maybe a drop of lemon juice), with pitta bread for dipping
    With organic granola and a little honey to sweeten
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I READ ON HERE LAST WEEK THAT SOMEONE MIXED GREEK YOGURT WITH RANCH MIX, AND MADE A DIP OUT OF IT.
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    We use it as our sour cream. No more sour cream for us. I am using it in an enchilada recipe this weekend.
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks so much everyone! Great ideas.... its a huge tube so i think ill try all of you ideas! Its just a shame to waste it!. I never realised it was so versatile. Perhaps ill start buying it myself.
  • masonjl222
    masonjl222 Posts: 1
    Options
    Consider it a gift, greek yogurt is awesome! it has twice the protein of regular yogurt. I usually have mine with berries and a few toasted almonds for breakfast. If you are not used to plain yogurt, you may need to sweeten it a little. Try a natural sweetner like agave nectar, or honey. Greek yogurt and honey is a classic.
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    My absolute FAV way of eating greek plain yogurt is with a dab of peanut butter and a packet of truvia sweetener or honey in it.

I also will mix in a tsp of smuckers natural low sug strawberry jam.

A girlfriend used it in place of mayo in a chicken salad recipe.
  • numi79
    numi79 Posts: 13
    Options
    I've been having a yogurt smoothie for the past two nights and it has totally curbed my night time munchies, I blend up half of a banana, a few frozen strawberries and blueberries with my yogurt with a packet of splenda, it is DELICIOUS! And I feel so satisfied.

Good luck! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I READ ON HERE LAST WEEK THAT SOMEONE MIXED GREEK YOGURT WITH RANCH MIX, AND MADE A DIP OUT OF IT.

i do this! its just like dip but with lots of good protein and stuff. i also use it as a sour cream substitute most times, so i can use real sour cream as a treat :)
  • penmillion
    penmillion Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just discovered plain yogurt but haven't tried Greek yet. This morning I stirred some Guava juice into my yogurt and it was awesome! I also like yogurt with crushed pineapple. I'll never go back to pre-sweetened (or fake-sweetened) yogurt.
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Use the yogurt to marinate chicken breast. I like adding garlic, ginger and tikka masala (Indian spice you can find it in the ethnic section of most groccery stores). Let it sit overnight and then just grill it serve with brown rice or chop up the chicken for on top of a salad.
  • Ooupsy
    Ooupsy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add it to curry cooked or uncooked as a salad dressing. Enjoy!
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    I eat it on top of a pancake (with whole grain flour). Pancake, then greek joghurt with sweetener and vanilla and on top of that either sliced bananas with nuts or blueberries.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    cinnamon and honey! YUMM
  • Chitownward
    Chitownward Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe along with the suggestion, it is a must try for me because I am not sleeping well I get cravings for food and this should take care of me.
  • Hostile
    Hostile Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to have 1 cup vanilla Chobani, 1 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch & 1/4 cup Blueuberries for lunch @ about 320 calories.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump. :smile: