Evaluate my food diary - clean high protein low carb - lose fat gain muscle

Options
Evaluate my food diary all open , happy for suggestions.
Am trying to eat clean to get lean, i was eating 6 times a day but have reduced this slightly now as i was just soooooo full. am doing weight as well.

advice and friend really welcome x

Replies

• cazzahi
    cazzahi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
  • bonnbunx36
    Options
    Don't say 'eat clean' people here will get annoyed. It looks pretty good to me... but that stuff is gonna get boring eventually so don't be afraid to spice it up. But I am not an expert at all so don't take it too seriously.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    My two cents.

It's not enough food. With only 22 pounds to go, you can (should) be eating a lot more.

You don't have to eat "clean" to get lean. If you want to eat "clean" just because, that's cool - but it's not necessary to be successful.

Up your fiber.

Make sure you're logging the things you cook with - like butter, oil, etc.

Overall I don't think your intake is bad, just a little boring and a little on the low side.
  • cazzahi
    Options
    as well as wanting to be a healthy weight, due to a bowel condition and family of bowel cancer i'm trying to eat, as i call it clean (avoiding process food) clean eating might mean different to other people. i've been told i'm allergic to to alot of spices aswell as well as red food coloring, so try to avoid these, any good recipes that would be great as well :-)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    You're not going to gain appreciable muscle mass in a deficit.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are missing out on the opportunity to eat lots more veggies. They will increase your fiber. These can fit into your goals:
    broccoli, cauliflower swiss chard, kale, spinach, romaine, cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus, avocados, okra, cauliflower, bell peppers, snow peas, eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, winter squash, brussels sprouts, green beans.
    Eat the whole egg if you want. The yolk is the most important part of the egg.
  • cazzahi
    Options
    How can you possibly eyeball a fifth of an avocado? And what size avocado? I would try using a kitchen scale for more accuracy. I mention it because you eat it pretty regularly, and it looks like you have one since you're measuring your cheese and chicken that way. I agree with other posters that if you do want to keep an unprocessed diet, you still could branch out with more types of veggies. How about some fruit as well, or maybe some grains? All of those things will help with your fiber, which is important for a healthy bowel.

thank for all feedback so far.

just regarding the avocado, half of my avocado is 30g ( 60 calories) and i worked out on the measurement on here :-) (your are correct it is weighed like everything else i eat)
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Why are your carbs so low? Don't be afraid of 100+ carbs and maybe a little less protein. I think fats are probably ok where they're at. How much do you weigh and how much are you trying to lose? I'm on a short-term fat loss program right now - you should be lifting and doing lots of strength exercise with cardio to burn fat and build strength in your existing muscle. I've been reading about this, it's not very likely you will be building muscle in a calorie deficit but as long as you are strengthening your muscle you will notice a difference in body shape and feel while you burn fat. Get down to a weight you're comfortable with and then start a calorie surplus and heavy lifting program with minimal cardio to build that muscle!! That is my plan.
  • cazzahi
    Options
    monikker wrote: »
    Why are your carbs so low? Don't be afraid of 100+ carbs and maybe a little less protein. I think fats are probably ok where they're at. How much do you weigh and how much are you trying to lose? I'm on a short-term fat loss program right now - you should be lifting and doing lots of strength exercise with cardio to burn fat and build strength in your existing muscle. I've been reading about this, it's not very likely you will be building muscle in a calorie deficit but as long as you are strengthening your muscle you will notice a difference in body shape and feel while you burn fat. Get down to a weight you're comfortable with and then start a calorie surplus and heavy lifting program with minimal cardio to build that muscle!! That is my plan.

i'm following the livefit program and on day 20 http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

i'm 5ft7in and 160lb
    started at 172lb
    goal weight 140lb

i've been following the diet plan on livefit, which is high protein low carb.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    When you cut carbs, you need to add more oils in order to get to 1200 calories. These are suggested oils:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-approved-foods-list.html#fats
    Eat more leafy greens because they are low in carbs.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Interesting, glazing over it the workouts seem solid. If you feel good on low carbs then cool. I guess the main thing is to be realistic about your muscle mass goals, you're probably not gonna gain any of that at a calorie deficit especially at such low carb intake since gaining muscle takes more calories and a much higher carb consumption. Other than that though who cares, if you strengthen existing muscle and lose weight then you're doing it well. The fewer calories you consume the more muscle you risk losing. I started taking BCAAs to help minimize muscle loss, high protein and BCAAs are recommended when you're losing weight