Recipe Alteration - How many Caloroes now?

Options
my mom is cooking dinner tonight and is making these lettuce wraps;

http://www.food.com/recipe/pf-changs-chicken-lettuce-wraps-137175

Since it would be difficult to know all of the nutritional information that has now changed, I'll only focus on the calories! Currently it says the recipe will only make 4, and 1 lettuce wrap is 629 calories. These are the changes she's making to the recipe:

- asks for 1.5 lbs (24 ounces) of chicken for the entire recipe; we will only use 1 ounce for each wrap.
- Not using oyster sauce
- Not using hosin sauce

I'm thinking the calories will be about half of what it is now due to the chicken...what do you think? Thanks for your help :)

Replies

• mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    on the food tab, click recipes, add the ingredients and quantity, number of servings and there you go with a new nutritional analysis. You can even name and save this for future use by yourself or the public.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    You can enter the meal into the recipe builder with your alterations.

An ounce of skinless chicken breast is 31 calories according to the database, 24 ounces of chicken would be 748 calories (124 calories of chicken per wrap if you divided it evenly into six). I can't imagine a one ounce wrap being very satisfying though. There's no need to limit yourself to the least amount of calories possible. You can lose weight while eating a fair amount, albeit less than one would before.

2 tablespoons of oyster sauce would be 18 calories and a tablespoon of hoisin sauce is 35 calories according to the official entries for both
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thank you both :) I'll add the recipe in and change it accordingly! :)
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I enter EVERY recipe into the recipe builder exactly the way I made it, because even different brands or variations of the same item can have differences (Swanson vs. generic broth, regular vs. low sodium broth, Campbell's cream of chicken vs. the Healthy Request vs. the 98% fat free)...
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    tlblood wrote: »
    I enter EVERY recipe into the recipe builder exactly the way I made it, because even different brands or variations of the same item can have differences (Swanson vs. generic broth, regular vs. low sodium broth, Campbell's cream of chicken vs. the Healthy Request vs. the 98% fat free)...

I think I will enter it. In order to lose weight I need to not be lazy with these things! :P
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    my mom is cooking dinner tonight and is making these lettuce wraps;

http://www.food.com/recipe/pf-changs-chicken-lettuce-wraps-137175

Since it would be difficult to know all of the nutritional information that has now changed, I'll only focus on the calories! Currently it says the recipe will only make 4, and 1 lettuce wrap is 629 calories. These are the changes she's making to the recipe:

- asks for 1.5 lbs (24 ounces) of chicken for the entire recipe; we will only use 1 ounce for each wrap.
    - Not using oyster sauce
    - Not using hosin sauce

I'm thinking the calories will be about half of what it is now due to the chicken...what do you think? Thanks for your help :)
    it really depends on a lot of factors.

Might be. Might be more. Might be less. Do the math to figure it out.