Giving up for lent

Options
Giving up beer for lent, today is not easy, the sun is out and the pub is on my running route. What did you give up and how's it going?

Replies

• Tandysbooty
    Tandysbooty Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've given up Bread :s
    I did chocolate last yr and found it quite easy but I think I've underestimated how my bread was in my diet!!! Day 4 and I could've really done with a slab of toast under my beans and egg!!!
    I'm sure u will notice great results giving up beer for 40 days :)
  • chfarnsworth
    Options
    I gave up all alcoholic beverages and committed to a whole30 diet for lent. So far so good but have to admit I was looking forward to some wine last night and couldn't have it. Made me a little sad
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am way on the independent Protestant side with my views, so this my tint my comments a bit. Lifestyle changes are great, and six weeks should make a good start on a lifestyle change. Good luck in your ventures.

However, this is where my views come into play, if you are 'giving up' for repentance, I would beg to differ. Should you not be living your life in a way to honor all year round, not just during Lent? Drives me crazy when someone has to tell me they are religion X. If you are not living your life in a spiritual way, tell me you are X does not make you X. (this applies in my life across several religions and encounters) Sorry for the soapbox.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I don't observe Lent any longer.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be a secret between you and God.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I've never heard the secret thing.

I'm giving up drive thrus.