45 year old with arthritis needs support

Options
I'd like to know about the successes of women in my age group who have conditions such as arthritis or other autoimmune issues? I'm trying to start over and need some motivation.

Replies

• carinox25
    carinox25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, I am a bit younger than you at 26 but I also suffer from RA. I am starting over as well. I have had success in the past using MFP (lost 15 pounds), but hit a wall last month when I had a bad flare. I am learning to take it one day at a time, and not to go completely overboard because I am having a bad pain day. Good luck to you!
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Arthritis in any form SUCKS. I too am recovering from a flare. Mine lasted a long time. Finally decided to switch meds and I start remicade next week. I've been told that I should feel better so I'll feel more like working out. Good luck to you as well.
  • det62
    det62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm OLDER than both of you ladies. Sometimes I'm surprised how old I really am. But when I'm in pain or pass a mirror I'm really shocked. How did this happen ? Yikes !
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I suffer from RA and hypoactive thyroid. On cold days that the temperature dips lower than -5*, such as yesterday, I have flare ups that make it extremely painful to exercise. I'm 26, so we're not the same age, but I know all too well how autoimmune diseases can affect quality of life. Add me if you'd like some additional support!
  • pawp11
    pawp11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 39, but had an auto accident at 31 that left me with injuries that resulted in arthritis. The resultant depression also left me gaining weight steadily. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well. And unfortunately, sciatica is my constant companion. I am just getting back to caring about myself following some traumatic losses the past two years. In any case I don't have much success to share other than I have been eating within my allotment for a couple weeks now. I hope to start swimming soon as I know that is the one exercise I can do without paying for it too much the next day.
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just sent a lot of friend requests…Thanks everyone.