Day 1

Options
I have tried this site before and lost 11 lbs and some inches but I fell off the wagon. I noticed that everyone was losing really fast and I was losing very slow. i also felt deprived b/c I was trying to exercise and lose weight and I think I over did it. I am now going to try again and this time just take it slow. Take it one day at a time and hopefully results will come and I will stick with it. Since I have fallen off I have gained almost 14 lbs in about a month so i am determined to get that off plus 60 more!

Replies

• trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    You can do it, I know you can. It's just like anything else in life- if you compare yourself to others you will find someone who is smarter, healthier, prettier, than you. But, if you keep your eyes on the goal and let them cheer you on you will get to the goal and keep moving forward. Don't let yourself get pulled into competition, just be happy for them and use them as motivation to get where you want to be. I was there last week but my friends gave me a little room to vent and whine and then challenged me on, and today I weighed in and had dropped over a pound.
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It has taken almost one month to loose 1 whole pound after loosing 16 in three weeks! How depressing!!! But, one pound lost is much better than one pound gained. You can do it. Just stick with it and remember that you are a strong willed person.
  • DRSRiley
    DRSRiley Posts: 26
    Options
    It's great that you are getting back on track...that is what matters....remember it is a process and will take time. the best of luck to you.
  • LGripne
    LGripne Posts: 12
    Options
    Slow & steady is the way to go! It has taken me 4 months to lose 23 lbs but they are lbs that are staying off (even with the, "free," day I allow myself each week)! We need to make changes that we can live with for a lifetime...or those lbs will find their way back, and bring a few of their friends with them!!!!!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have tried this site before and lost 11 lbs and some inches but I fell off the wagon. I noticed that everyone was losing really fast and I was losing very slow. i also felt deprived b/c I was trying to exercise and lose weight and I think I over did it. I am now going to try again and this time just take it slow. Take it one day at a time and hopefully results will come and I will stick with it. Since I have fallen off I have gained almost 14 lbs in about a month so i am determined to get that off plus 60 more!

I lost 4 lbs a week for about 5 weeks and then nothing for a week. I didn't get discouraged, I just changed things up a bit. Lost a couple more pounds this week. Even if I hadn't I would still be happy that I am down over 20 lbs. I know there will be weeks where I lose weight and weks where I don't. I don't compare myself to anyone on here because I can't spend 2 hours a day in the gym like some people can and on the days I feel hungrier I am going to listen to my body and eat more. The point to all this is that I have made a pledge to myself to change my LIFE. I am not on a diet, I am not just trying to drop weight. I am going to lose weight and get to a point where I can maintain a healthy weight and feel good that I am not carrying a bunch of weight around my midsection. If it takes me 6 months to get to the weight I want to be at, fine. If it takes 4 months, great. If it takes 9 months then that is ok too as this is a marathon and not a sprint. I plan on living a long time so what does it matter if it takes me 4 months or 9 months. I am not going to get discouraged. You shouldn't either.
  • JacqsP72
    JacqsP72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The main thing is you're back!! I've never counted calories before - and have been amazed at how easy it is to keep track of it all (esp with the iPhone app!!). Slowly and surely is the way to keep the weight off!! Good luck!! feel free to add me for motivation if you like!!

Good luck!! :smile:
  • Fr4z
    Fr4z Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's a marathon and not a sprint :smile: