Juicer Recommendation

Options
KARIEM_S
KARIEM_S Posts: 7 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hey Everyone!

I am a fruit & veg lover and I am keen to get a good juicer so I can use it to make my life easier & stick to a healthy diet.
I was wondering if anyone has had a recent experience of buying one that proved great & could kindly recommend that to me.

Thanks

PS: I have tried using search engines & looking at reviews in Amazon UK but not satisfied

Replies

• Annie81503
    Annie81503 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Vitamix

you can just throw whatever you want it there and it will blend it to liquids, plus you get all the nutrients from the veggies/fruit, not just the juice.
    Expensive, yes, but so worth it!
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have an omega masticating juicer that works very well. It's collecting dust though because I also have a Vitamix and that sucker does everything and you get the fiber with the juice.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    k2-_2a24322f-c0ab-4ab7-8aee-38dbe03692cc.v4.jpg
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have an Omega J8004 that I love. I don't use juice as any sort of cleanse or meal replacement-- I just really love fresh juice with breakfast and making ice pops with juice in the summer. I've been using it regularly for over a year now and have never had any issues with it. I have put pretty much every type of fruit and veggie through it, including leafy greens, always with good results.
    All juicers are going to be somewhat of a hassle to clean, because there are a lot of parts (I think mine has 8 separate pieces to wash each time?), so be prepared for that. It doesn't bother me at all, but I have some friends who never use their juicers because they are too lazy to wash all the parts each time.
  • EnaMene
    EnaMene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My NutriBullet gets the job done. Everything from whole strawberries to walnuts and raisins mixed with coconut milk and a shot of agave to counteract the kale taste.
  • KARIEM_S
    KARIEM_S Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your views. Really appreciate it. Pls keep the recommendations coming in though.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I think a "blender" is the best bet (I have a Vitamix) because you get the fiber and the juice. Blenders like Vitamix are so powerful that they eliminate the "grittiness" that other blenders leave. I haven't tried NutriBullet but I know Blendtec (I think that's the name) is powerful like Vitamix. I've made real grape juice and also watermelon smoothies. So good!!!
  • astrose00
    Options
    Annie81503 wrote: »
    Vitamix

you can just throw whatever you want it there and it will blend it to liquids, plus you get all the nutrients from the veggies/fruit, not just the juice.
    Expensive, yes, but so worth it!

Yes!!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I have a Breville Juice Fountain (stainless steel) that I like. It is big but fairly easy to use and clean. I don't use it all that much anymore so in hindsight I should have gone with a less expensive appliance.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have an Omega masticating juicer which does a great job juicing. You'll find a lot of claims that masticating juicers provide nutritionally superior juice. They are more expensive, though, so you'll need to decide what's most important to you. Hope this helps.
  • smashmcdash118
    Options
    Either the Vitamix or Bullet or Ninja b/c you get to keep all the important nutrients that are lost with just juicing.
  • Nati_Jean
    Nati_Jean Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have both a Breville juicer and a Vitamix for blending. We do use both, but certainly the Vitamix more.

While I do agree that the whole food smoothies made in the Vitamix are nutritionally superior to juice, a glass of fresh veggie juice gives an energy kick that even really good espresso can't beat. Also, I can get it into my 7 and 3 year olds -- far better in every way than store bought.
  • astrose00
    Options
    I also have a juicer (I'm a small appliance hoarder...) and the components are actually a pain to clean. The juice is good but I hate the maintenance. And my Vitamix is so easy to clean...
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Blendtec are great and fit under the kitchen cabinet so it can stay out all the time.