Unfamiliar number of calories

Options
So tomorrow I'm invited to a dinner, but how will I manage to stick to my calorie goal when I don't know the number of calories that food has? How do you cope with that?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Guesstimate.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    this is where logging your food every day, accurately comes in to play. You have to guess. the more you DO weigh and log, the more experience you have with foods, and the easier it is to 'guess'.
  • NonaEv
    NonaEv Posts: 20
    Options
    Yeah, I thought so. Thank you.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't bother logging things like that, but that's something I decided after logging for a long, long time. What I did when I did log everything was pick a chain restaurant meal that's similar, because chain restaurants seem to pack the most amount of calories into a meal as possible, so it's probably the worst case scenario.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    For one offs, like everyone said, I guesstimate and use a restaurant meal. One imperfect meal logging isn't going to mess you up that bad.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I agree with what has been said. Even if you have one of those meals a week, guesstimating should do the trick. I try to guess on the high end just to make sure.
  • NonaEv
    NonaEv Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)