P90x questions

Options
2v2nv
2v2nv Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I've recently started to try p90x with a friend but don't have the shakeology and all that other over marketed junk. I refuse to spend 130 bucks on a 30 day supply. I mix my own recovery drink as well.

1. The nutrition plan is ridiculously complicated. Could I pick 3 or 4 meals for the week and just rotate them throughout the week or does each meal coincide with the exercise? I really don't think it will hurt anything I'm just tired of seeing this gut and I don't want to mess things up.
2. Does the lean series mean easier or is this just for people wanting to get thinner? I've been doing classic and liking it, but like I said, my main concern is weight loss at this point. However if I can get it all done with classic, why not...

Replies

• rickyrsuitt
    rickyrsuitt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The nutrition plan found in the book or online is effective without the shakes. I would recommend a good recovery drink. The beach body brand or GNC. If you follow the portion approach I found that the easiest.

The lean version is more cardio workouts than weight training. I started out doing the lean approach just to get back into the routine of working out again.
  • 2v2nv
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I reread the portion control thing again and now I understand it. How were your results? Mine seem great so far.

Thanks for the help!
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    2v2 i agree i have BB products but the continuos hawking of products got old fast. I buy my protein at GnC and make my own shakes. Once you start logging your food here and see the breakdown you can pretty much do what you want. I'm doing 40-40-20 protein carbs fat as well as running a calorie deficit each day.
  • 2v2nv
    Options
    I was at 40 percent protein but with the portion control plan. I was going to eat some seafood until I realized I was at 132 g of protein. Each filet of fish is 25 g. I'm kind of concerned about getting too much protein. What do you all think? Is 150g of protein okay?
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    GNC's website has a protein calculator. I'm suppose to have around a 100 grams of protein a day.
  • 2v2nv
    Options
    Actually to reach phase one level 2 like the nutrition plan says, I'll have to eat 300 grams of protein to reach a 50 percent protein, 30 carb, and 20 fats for a 2400 calories diet... What the heck are they thinking? I'm not doing this... It sounds dangerous for your kidneys....
  • NightShiftMedic
    NightShiftMedic Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    While you probably don't need that much protein, it's only dangerous for your kidneys if you already have preexisting kidney problems.
  • vickygarey
    Options
    How do you log your p90 x exercises in MFP?
  • 2v2nv
    Options
    I found this to be a good estimator. I still think I'll stick to around 150 just to be safe...
  • 2v2nv
    Options
    http://p90xcalories.com that was the estimator... I forgot to put it in the last message.
  • cesquo
    cesquo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    vickygarey wrote: »
    How do you log your p90 x exercises in MFP?
    I use digift and sync it with MFP.