Any Easy Healthy Pizza Recipes Out There?

Options
JoRolleNola
JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
I'm so craving pizza tonight but Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa John's are totally out of the question. Any ideas?

Replies

• KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I always use a whole wheat pita as my crust. I usually top with tomatoes (or a bit of tomato sauce), mushrooms, onions, peppers, chicken and cheese!
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sounds great.Thanks.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I also use pita (don't care if it's white or wheat). I make margarita style and add fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. I also will coat the pita with olive oil and garlic powder. I like spicy so I sprinkle on some crushed red pepper. If you have a cast iron pan, it works great as a pizza stone. Heat it on the stove heat up one side of the pita and then flip. Add toppings and toss in the oven for 10 mins or so. Super delish. I know that some people will also put arugula on their pizza for more freshness and it's peppery taste.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I get Papa Murphy's think crust Garden Vege. It's hard to make a pizza with fewer calories than that! When I make homemade pizza I use a Golden Home pizza crust and add toppings to it. The Golden Home crust is very low in calories. Good luck with your pizza!
  • elfof2moons
    elfof2moons Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We make homemade pizza using thick tortillas but I also love Dominos flatbread or thin crust pizza
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    Pizza dough is easy to make and just top with whatever you want. personally I like grilled chicken, roasted garlic and red peppers, onion, sliced tomato, chili flakes, mozzarella, olive oil, sea salt and pepper

Here's how I Roll with the dough.

2 cups flour
    1 tsp quick yeast
    1/2 tsp salt
    about 2/3 cup of warm water
    1 tbsp. of evoo

Basically add the wet to the dry and knead for about 10 minutes or use a mixer with a hook. Rest to allow the dough to rise....overnight in the fridge develops a better flavor imo.

• Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I use this pizza crust recipe:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe.html

It says it's better with bread flour, but I use all-purpose. You can roll this crust really thin, which is what I do. I don't know how healthy it is, but it's not especially high in calories if you're careful with toppings. I like cheese, onion, green pepper, and spinach :)
  • kali_athena
    kali_athena Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Flat out had pizza crusts but their regular wraps work too. Part skim mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, and bacon bits!
  • Annanna91
    Annanna91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's kind of time consuming to make, but cauliflower crust pizza is somewhat amazing! Today I made my own version of a Fiorentina pizza using cauliflower as the base.

300g cauliflower (blitzed or grated)
    Salt, basil and garlic to season
    1 beaten egg to bind it together.

Once mixed, roll out onto a pizza tray and bake until golden (about 15mins.) Then add your toppings. I used chopped tomatoes as my base, 90g of mozeralla, 80g of spinach and then an egg ontop about 3mins before servingmec8ubzzxvsv.jpg
    , although I ruined mine because the egg cracked.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Even my totally non-dieting husband loved the pita bread pizzas. I cook them on a cooling rack on top of a baking tray so the bottom gets all crispy. You really can throw anything you want on them!
  • ajprice66
    ajprice66 Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I made a Cauliflower based pizza last night - (you can find the recipe on Low-Carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe | POPSUGAR )...& my daughter & I loved it...so easy to make & possibly the best pizza I have ever eaten...we added chicken, red pepper, mushrooms, artichokes & red onion...will be having lots more of this!
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A small naan bread .makes a quick pizza base too, I buy 120 calorie ones and just add some passatta, cheese and onion.