suggestions?

Options
Mywitnessfitness
Mywitnessfitness Posts: 17 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Fitness pal says you can eat the same amount of calories that you burned. What is your intake? Example, being on a 1200 calorie diey and you burned 200, fitness pal says you can eat 1400.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If your goal is 1200 and you add exercise for 200 you eat 1400 to stay at your goal

Only eat back 50% of estimated calorie burns from MFP database or machines as they tend to overestimate
  • pippin44
    pippin44 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I personally try not to eat back any calories I burn. Eating 1200 calories/day should result in a 1.5-2lb weight loss per week....so I figure, if I don't eat back the extra calories I burn, I will be closer to my 2lb per week goal. On a day when I don't exercise, I really work hard on staying at 1200.....but on a day when I do exercise, I don't focus on that as much.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are trying to lose 1 pound per week, you would expect to burn 1700. Through exercise, you burn 200. Because part of those calories were already counted in the 1700, you shouldn't just add those to get 1900. It is more likely that you burned 1800. So, you should eat 1300.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I eat back 1/2 to all of my exercise calories depending on my hunger.
  • Mywitnessfitness
    Mywitnessfitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this all wrong then the entire time. What a disappointment. So discouraging.