Tired snow runner. Advice on Florida areas to resettle?

Options
young family of 4. need good schools and medical centers. Not Miami. Advice from Floridians?

Replies

• bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I lived in the tampa bay area for 10 years and loved it. close to the gulf slower pace than miami. you will need to check on the schools though. some are good some not. I left due to work reasons and still consider moving back. My kids were young and we had a great house with a pool. They loved it too.
    good luck to you
  • Frulla_
    Frulla_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fort Lauderdale area, very nice place with lots of sidewalks to run. It's been a long time since I lived there but the memories are all fond. Godspeed
  • pippin44
    pippin44 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was just down in the Tampa Bay area and really surprised by how young, vibrant, and active the community was. I have 2 kids (7 and 8), and I could totally imagine living there. Def check it out.
  • mulch1999
    mulch1999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks. We keep finding positives about Tampa area.
  • kittycatsinunderpants
    Options
    I'm here in Pensacola. We have a crazy big children's hospital. But the schools stink. So... probably not Pensacola.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Tampa Bay area too. I loved it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Tampa has the highest ratio of gentleman's clubs to residents than any other city in the nation, including Vegas. so that's another vote in the Yes column, right?
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Seminole county - just north of Orlando - excellent schools and plenty of medical centers.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Seminole county - just north of Orlando - excellent schools and plenty of medical centers.

Ugh. I wouldn't live in the Orlando area if you made me king of it. Worst traffic clusterf$ck I've ever seen. Plus you get the Florida heat without the ocean.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    fort lauderdale