Ladies support - staying food strong when dealing with PMS ?

kezereth
kezereth Posts: 41
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
OMG i just want to cry. Does anybody else get horrendous food cravings when suffering with PMS? It's the week before my period. I feel really spaced out, im getting bad chest pains, headaches and bad cravings for chocolate and junk food. I also put on at least 4 pounds of water weight that just dissapears about 3 days after my period ends. I'm so grumpy, and feel so tired, and i just don't want to do anything, let alone exercise, although i made myself do wii fit and then went out for a bike ride yesterday. Need the motivation from somewhere!

I have tried to combat this by allowing myself the 'junk food' ie pizza, but instead of eating a calorie laden saturated fat fest, i have made my own wholemeal base and topped it with low fat mozzarella, tonnes of vegetables and just a bit of chicken. Do you think that will feed the demon?? lol

Please tell me i'm not alone in this!

Replies

• losin4good
    losin4good Posts: 11
    You are not alone the week before mine comes i have severe cravings and just want to eat eat eat along with bloating, headaches, fatigue all of that. During pms I am the same way. I feel this lifestyle change will never work because 2.5 out of 4 weeks out of the month i am bloated hungry and craving and most often times i give in. i wish there was something i could do. they say to exercise more and it will make us feel better, drinking more water to reduce bloating. i feel your pain!
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    You are NOT alone! LOL. I had a hysterectomy but still have my ovaries and I still get the pms and cravings! I would eat my kitchen table if I could during that time LOL. Just eat small meals throughout the day during that time and you should be okay and drink your water!
  • marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Make a pita pocket pizza. Low fat cheese. Light on the sauce. And tons of veggies.
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Oh my god, I'm like a demon on a misson during PMS - nothing but chocolate (and lots of it) will hold the demon at bay.

I also get very emotional, so comfort eat!
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Definitely not alone, hahahh. The monster is hard to fight !
    I really do try to stay within my caloric intake (& not eat junk), but I just crave carbs, salt, & chocolate--lmao.
    Usually everyday I give myself -something- so I won't go crazy--a Hershey bar, etc.
    I usually stay w/in my calories...but realistically the weight I gain will be water weight that'll disappear in a day or two.
    I actually have a lot of energy while PMSing;
    exercising prevents me from lashing out at people. LOL.
  • KMCorazon
    KMCorazon Posts: 14
    You are NOT alone!! I also have been having the most horrific cravings imaginable. I gave myself a little extra give for Mother's day (talk about needing an excuse) LOL, and had pretty much what I wanted that day, but still found myself trying not to eat the most fat filled items. I have not weighed in yet so I don't know if it really worked. I have been trying to refocus since then and it's been pretty hard. I finally received my Hip Hop Abs set and have been trying to get started but for some reason I just can't get motivated. Maybe tomorrow:huh:
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    oh my gosh i am the worse when pms hits, but i do have my tricks. http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/efs-cookbook/protein-brownies-and-a-banana-bread-recipe-gluten-free/ <<brownies with less then 80 cals, not to mention gluten free AND packed with protein. chocolately goodness.

Anyways i hate PMS cravings. cravings in general are horrible.
  • kezereth
    kezereth Posts: 41
    Make a pita pocket pizza. Low fat cheese. Light on the sauce. And tons of veggies.

I make those fairly regularly. They are awesome!

so glad to hear that i am not alone in this!
This discussion has been closed.