I am a broken record...

Options
This is what I repeat over and over again:

1. Don't eat sugar. It causes you to crave more. It is bad, bad, bad in so many ways.
2. Glycogen stored with water is the cause of your temporary weight gain when you start a new workout routine (not muscle).
3. Lift weights if you want long-term results.
4. Eat less carbs and more protein when/if you hit a plateau.

What about you? What advice do you give over and over again?

Replies

• Ibe_Theninja
    Options
    Tomorrow I will ..... I hate that phrase and it constantly runs in my head till I yell at myself...... Today IS tomorrow is what I keep telling myself to say instead =)
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    Do NOT eat anything with high fructos corn syrup in it!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    1. Don't eat sugar. It's like crack and it will eventually kill you.
    2. Eat more protein. Mix it in a shake if you have to.
    3. Lift like a man - I don't care if you don't have a penis - do it anyway and don't tell me you can't.
    4. Tuck your toosh under and keep your core strong because when you're in an alley and someone's trying to hit you, you have to be ready (boxing training).
    5. You have 10 seconds left, don't stop now!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Eat your recommended NET calories.
    You can't gain 1lb overnight, it's probably water weight, watch your sodium.
    Not every calorie is created equal - 100 calories of vegetables is not the same as 100 calories of chocolate.
  • Dlpsweet
    Dlpsweet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :smile: I tell myself everyday " Its a slow process but it WILL happen"....
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I WILL DO THIS...!!!!!!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Today IS that day. (no 'tomorrow is the day'.)
    Sugar is the devil (for me!)
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    *switch things up once you hit a plateau (change workout routine, number of calories, etc)
    *keep reading and learning about nutrition and exercise (blogs, books, postings & diaries of other MFP members you trust)
    *pick a "focus food" for the week/month (new whole grains, using spices, different herbal teas, cooking a new vegetable)
    *eat the right fats in the right amounts (oily fish, olives, avocados, walnuts, small amounts of olive oil, full fat Greek yogurt)
    *come up with strategies to get you through the challenges (social eating, time of day binges, etc)
    *keep discovering new local resources (farmer's markets, csa's, health food stores, etc)
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You don't really want (need) those pretzels (popcorn, jelly beans, cheese anything!)....