Anyone want to join me in loosing 60 lbs?

Options
Jeepinmom4
Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
Hi I'm Kim. I have 4 children and a loving husband,but what I also have is 60 extra lbs I want gone. I have no idea what I'm doing no idea what to eat or how to excersize and would LOVE someone to teach me. Or at least tell me how to do things. I don't even know how long it's going to take to loose all this weight. Any advice would be wonderfull! Thanks in advance and feel free to add me so we can talk more! :)

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have lost 19 pounds so far and have 21 to go... I have a total of 40 that I want to lose. My BMI says that I could lose another 20 but I will be just as happy at 160 as at 140 :wink:

I would be happy to encourage you along the way and let you "learn" from my experiences! :bigsmile:
  • losin4good
    losin4good Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi kim I also have 60 lbs to lose and would love to get some advice as well. I hope you get some wonderful answers that could be beneficial to myself and others as well!
  • smckines
    smckines Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey I am mother of 4 as well ages range from 9-2 i so love my babies but i have to lose 66 pounds total and so far i have lost a total of 16 pounds with 50 more to go so we both are in the same boat FEEL FREE TO ADD ME, i can use all the motivation i can get!!!! and GOOD LUCK i know we can do this
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    ME! I started out having to lose 75 but I have 60 more to go! Would love to join you!
  • cdknmjk
    cdknmjk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim and welcome! Sounds like we're in the same boat. I'm married and a mother to three amazing children. I need, and want, to lose approximately 50 pounds. However I feel so lost as far as how to achieve this goal in the most effective way possible. Obviously diet and exercise are key, but what I REALLY need is a partner to stick by my side and motivate me every step of the way. Are you interested in helping each other?
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have about 50-60lbs left to lose. I lost 77lbs over the last year following the plan in "The Rosedale Diet" by Ron Rosedale. (not a DIET though. Its a lifestyle change) I do really well with it when my only exercise was my karate and kickboxing classes. However, I like to workout and when I did EA Active on my kinect my weight plateaued. When I finished that 9 week program and went back to just karate and kickboxing my weight started dropping again and I got under 200 lbs.

Started p90x last week and my weight is back up to 204. *sigh

Consensus around me is I am not getting enough calories for the extra exercise and my body is going into starvation mode, but I am scared to up my calories. I am researching this and if I find anything I am comfy with I will let you know.

Read the book though. The weight melted off me until I ramped my exercise up so high.
  • arsjcs
    arsjcs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I just found this website and am trying to figure out how it all works. I started my diet on Monday and would like to lose 50 lbs. I lost 30 in 2009 when I participated in a biggest loser weight contest at my work and have since figured out I need a lot more motivation than just myself to make any real progress. So any help from anyone would be great!!
  • lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm got another 21lb to lose, already lost 11lb then my BMI shows that I am classed as overweight and not obese anymore. Ideally I would love to lose another 14lb after that making a total of 46lb. I would love to join you on your journey and hopefully we can help each other along the way.

Will send a friend request. Good luck.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hello...I also would like to lose 50-60lbs.....SAH mom of 2 lil girls.....I know what I gotta do but need the support, motivation to do it!! This site is awesome and addicting!! Losing slowly but thats okay! Let's do this together!!

Stacey
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    HI Kim, sent a friend request.
    Have another 65lbs to go - 20lbs lost - looking forward to the journey
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi! I lost 45 pounds since starting on MFP! I still have 79 to lose. According to BMI I should be around 150 - 135 but my goal is 160. I don't care if I'm a little overweight I've been obese for so long that to be "overweight" would be GREAT! We can do this! I'm currently stuck! In a plateau! I'm very frustrated but I will help you and support you. I know my body will lose the weight but I think it's just being stubborn. THis is the weight where I always get stuck and after a couple of weeks I use to give up. Not this time I will pull through and lose this weight.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    According to BMI I should be around 150 - 135 but my goal is 160. I don't care if I'm a little overweight I've been obese for so long that to be "overweight" would be GREAT! We can do this!

I agree 1,000,000%
  • ramberbo
    ramberbo Posts: 23
    Options
    I am there! 60 is a overall goal and 45 is the short term, I need to so I can be healthy again, goal.
  • gwen933
    gwen933 Posts: 81
    Options
    Hi Kim, I have around 60 pounds to lose also (a little more). I have been really good about tracking my calories on MFP and it really helps with keeping you accountable for everything you put in your mouth. I have also been working out 5-6 days a week. I do the Ripped in 30 videos 5-6 days a week and also do other cardio videos like Tae Bo, Insanity, and Walk Away the Pounds. Add me as a friend. We are all in this together.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    A reminder friends that the BMI, just like the scale, is a guidline and not an end all for all your fitness measurements. Remember that a person who is very active and is carrying more muscle with also weigh more which will affect both your scale reading as well as your BMI. I remind everyone of this because I don't want anyone to miss "the moment" when they are in fact quite healthy. It's easy to miss when you're so focused on being 'perfect', 'right weight', 'proper BMI'.... these are guides, that is all. A few years ago I was in the best shape of my life. I Mountain Biked 3 days a week, I whitewater kayaked and hiked to very remote places easily. I had very extreme upper body strength. I am a hair under 5'7, and at the time hovered between weighing 155lb, and 160lb. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. The magazines, fitness guides, media etc. said I should weigh between 135lb and 145lb. I was a size 8. I wore size medium shirts and jackets. NOT SMALL ENOUGH. No one realizes how tiny a size 8 pair of jeans are until you hold them up against a size 14 or a 16 (both of which I bounce between right now, depending on the pant manufacurer) My arms and back were lean and rippled with obvious definition, but my thighs jiggled and my stomach, from the years where I carried around an extra 90lbs still showed the sag of skin... a reminder of how NOT GOOD ENOUGH I was. I had a BMI of 25.4 (Overweight by all the books). That's as low as it went. I burned about 600 to 1000 calories per day just with my lifestyle, on the weekends when we took river trips I'd easily burn through 3500. I went to spin classes 3 days a week. I ate lean and healthy, I did not drop below 1500 caloric intake as that is as low as my body could go to maintain muscle density, brain function and basic mobility. So how the hell was I ever going to break 155lb and become "perfect fitness level"? These numbers I had in my head were what kept me from rejoicing in the fact that I had overcome every life hardship thrown at me during my life... that I had lost a staggering 95lbs, gone from a blob on the couch to a fitness addict. I took my AWA exam and became an instructor, I taught others .... but I was never good enough - in my own mind. Here I am again now, having allowed a relationship and surgery to influence my health choices. And I begin again... but this time differently. I will recognize the next time, appreciate the next time. I was perfect. I was healthy and happy. I was strong and fit and looked great. I was between 155 and 160lbs (depending on the day), I had a BMI of 25 (considered "overweight") I was a solid mass of muscle, I had a resting heart rate of 60 bpm (elite athletes are known to run around as low as 55 bpm) my Blood pressure was 120/80, and my cholesterol was perfect. But the BMI and SCALE told me I was overweight. Lose weight healthy, and rejoice in your triumphs, but don't get caught NOT REALIZING, that you are perfect, even if you are a few points off of the BMI guide, or a handful of pounds over your "ideal" weight.

Cheers, and happy journeys on your road to becoming happy, healthy, and fit.
    Kim
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I would like to see 60lbs lost!!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I can help out. Plus I can learn from you too! Feel free to add me.