healthy weight loss

Options
according to my ht&wt im obese being 5'2 and 165lb I've been on 1200 calorie meal plan for 4 days and weighted in at 161 today Should I take in more calories or is this something to be expected cause of water or diet changes

Replies

• karicvt
    Options
    1200 calories isn't a lot... Maybe increase it by 200 calories to make your weight loss less dramatic (which could be detrimental to your health). That being said, when I restarted my weight loss, I lost 4 lbs the first week, and 1lb the following week. It could be just the initial loss and it'll slow down after that!
  • lissa686
    Options
    I thought 1200 was too low i have another app that said 1400 so I was going to do that if it continued I've also been doing everything by the recommendations which has been hard with the junk cravings I get at night
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    it is typical to see large weight drops quickly because you are eating less of everything, including sodium and carbs which are notorious for causing water retention. It is most likely water weight, and some fat. Typically you want to stick to a plan for a few weeks to see what the "real" results will be.

~Best wishes
  • lissa686
    Options
    Yeah your right cause I've been at a standstill now and I didn't really see a change but my body is adjusting to less calories it's not coming off so quickly
  • GregRamz
    GregRamz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about your daily weight, you'll loose the weight if you follow a clean diet. Personally, my weight has fluctuated by over 5lbs from one day. However, I drink 2 gallons of water every day so thats a big cause of that.

Basically, weigh yourself every morning before you eat/drink anything. I would also suggest going to the bathroom first. This way your system is empty because if you weigh yourself at night, you'll always be a different weight depending on what you ate/drank that day.

Good luck!