I'm a Bridesmaid & It's "GO time!"

Options
I've been working out steadily for quite a while and have been in a major plateau. Talk about frustrating!!! What's worse? I know my problem...
I work out hard during the week (4-5 days of HIIT/crossfit/cardio hell and my body definitely gets pushed...but...I self sabotage on weekends by eating poorly and enjoying beer or wine. During the week? Clean eating 75% of my meals...salads, grilled chicken, veggies, fruit, ect. I'm good there...those damn weekends kill my progress, I have no willpower when my hubby makes delish meals! Then a beer or two? That's my problem in a nutshell!
But it's over...I'm really done with the lack of progress, plus I'm going to be in my best friends wedding next fall...everyone wants to look their best for a wedding they are in!
Anyways! I'm looking for those to push me, keep me accountable and motivated! I do great at that but need the extra push! I want to lose the healthy way, I'm currently 5'8" and 169 lbs, I'm looking to be at 150 by November. It's game time ;)

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid as well for a wedding this summer; luckily close to maintenance, haven't bought the dress yet, and am just waiting for the big event!

I would say to focus on a weekly deficit. Eating a bit more and having some beers on the weekend isn't bad as long as you still have a deficit from the week, and your deficit isn't blown in two days. Just make those items fit! Eat a bit less of what the hubby makes, and plan ahead for the beer/wine. You can still enjoy the foods you want while losing weight. Just make sure you are keeping a deficit at the end of your week, and it'll be good!
  • rocardy
    rocardy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm an April bride and still have a about 15lbs to go. As much as I love my groom to be and his cooking I do ALL of the cooking to ensure I make my goal weight and I have cut alcohol out of my diet. This is what I get for buying my dream dress a few years ago.

Really it sounds like you have either hit a plateau or a tweek in your meals may help. Compromise with yourself, binge on your husband's food and beer every other weekend or don't binge until you've burned enough calories to enjoy such scrumptious eats.
  • TheEvilQueen13
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this coming November. I have a lot more to lose than you guys. But I'm on board! Does everybody know what their dresses look like yet?
  • hardyg18
    Options
    To the OP
    My friends and I have a once a week girl's night with all the food you can imagine (pizza, soda, ice cream, chips, fries, wings, chicken, etc.). Here's what I do -

My daily goal is 1500 calories, but I'm more concerned with what my weekly average is. Not a big deal to me to go over one day, so long as the week's average puts me at 1500cal/day. To "save up" for the girl's night, I eat 100 calories less a day. Eating 100 less calories a day doesn't feel huge, but by Friday night I have 600 "extra" calories saved up ALONG with ~1000 calories from that day so I'm able to enjoy the girl's night while also staying in shape.

Also, I would suggest that you look at the calories in all the things you're eating on the weekends. For example, I was eating these cookies that were ~250 calories each, and they weren't even that good! That was a really easy choice for me to cut that out.
  • DeanHobson70
    Options
    Your body needs to change up what it is doing. We plateau because the body gets used to what it is doing. I have some suggestions I would love to discuss with you. Message me if you are interested in discussing further. 15 lbs is not that far to go and I know I can help with that. Won't be easy? It will be work.

Dean

sholub153 wrote: »
    I've been working out steadily for quite a while and have been in a major plateau. Talk about frustrating!!! What's worse? I know my problem...
    I work out hard during the week (4-5 days of HIIT/crossfit/cardio hell and my body definitely gets pushed...but...I self sabotage on weekends by eating poorly and enjoying beer or wine. During the week? Clean eating 75% of my meals...salads, grilled chicken, veggies, fruit, ect. I'm good there...those damn weekends kill my progress, I have no willpower when my hubby makes delish meals! Then a beer or two? That's my problem in a nutshell!
    But it's over...I'm really done with the lack of progress, plus I'm going to be in my best friends wedding next fall...everyone wants to look their best for a wedding they are in!
    Anyways! I'm looking for those to push me, keep me accountable and motivated! I do great at that but need the extra push! I want to lose the healthy way, I'm currently 5'8" and 169 lbs, I'm looking to be at 150 by November. It's game time ;)