Weird Looking Stomach

Options
So I have lost 20 pounds so far and have lost inches everywhere but my belly. I have this weird indent right above my belly button and it makes my stomach look much worse than it is and makes me very self conscious. Has anyone else ever seen this? Any ideas how to get rid of it?? No matter how much weight I've lost in other areas this area does not change! =(

P1010628.jpg

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You just have to lower your body fat percentage. I have a similar problem, except the line is at my belly button. So I have two belly bumps. The top portion is definitely flattening out before the bottom. Just keep working on it. Build some muscle!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have never seen that. Weird question but it that wear you always wear your pants?
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Ab workouts for definition might help.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I have never seen that. Weird question but it that wear you always wear your pants?

That's probably a good reason for that belly shape actually.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options

That's what I thought...
  • propjetprop
    propjetprop Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How do you upload photos into your posts?
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    My stomach literally looks like an alien. I have lost about 75lbs total (I got up to 240 with my baby), 50,000 stretch marks, belly button ring scar, and 3 scars from Gall Bladder surgery... I embrace my alien stomach---- :))))
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Mine is like that too. Not as dramatic. I think it is just the way the fat shifts. It might also be the way we are building ab muscles.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Mine is like that too.

It's just genetics.

Once you lower your body fat percentage, you will start to see a huge difference.
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    I think it's just genetics. Maybe ab exercises will help, but I remember comparing bellies when I was pregnant (I carried mine traverse, so had bumps on the side, not the nice round belly up front) and there were a few ladies in my prenatal exercise class with the "B" shape vs. a "D" shape (from the side)...and they said they always had that indentation.
  • Lynderz
    Lynderz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually wear pants pretty low, I have never worn them above my belly button before =S
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    maybe you should go to the doctor? it might be an indication of some kind of syndrome not that mine is the same at all.... but i have polycystic ovary syndrome and carry my weight from my belly button to like an inch above my pants and i has a weird w shape but its because alot of women with polycystic ovary syndrome have central obesity just a thought im not a doctor
  • autumnbreeze89
    Options
    ah thats what my belly kind of looks like too, except not as intense. Thats where the last of my weight is, such a pain in the *kitten*
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Mine does that. It's at the belly button but more intense than yours (I have a bigger stomach overall, so that's why.) For the record, I've never worn my pants super tight, so I doubt it has much to do with that.

Considering it's one of the first places most people gain I'd bet it'll be some of the last fat to leave. Just keep at it. :happy:
  • ThermalYew1
    ThermalYew1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My stomach is weird also! I hate how it looks! if I'm standing it my belly button is weird but if i sit it looks normal IDK... I just want it to go away so i can finally go to the beach or water park and take my shirt off for the first time in public!
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My stomach looks like yours as well, even when i was 105lbs. Its from(mine at least) constantly sucking in.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Might try doing ab workouts that focus on the lower half of the belly and see if that helps get it back into shape?
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sorry for writing a truly unhelpful post, but I've never seen this in anyone else before. I have a scar on my belly from surgery when I was a baby, which makes my stomach look like yours. Thank you for making me feel like I'm not the only one with a weird belly!

I do wonder if it might be worth seeing a doctor, just to make sure everything is okay.