Birth control and working out

Options
I recently went on the depo provera shot and sure enough I'm experiencing tenderness in my breasts, and that definitely increases during workouts (P90x to be specific)
Anyone else experiencing this and have any solutions?

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Drink LOTS of water!
  • cfer843625
    cfer843625 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have taken depo provera in the past. I wasnt working out or anything at the time as it was almost 18 yrs ago. The one thing I can tell you is I gained weight like crazy!!!!!!! I probly went up at least 50 lbs after starting it. Just pay attention to you body and what it tells you. I would also suggest talking to your dr about any concerns. Good luck!!! ;o)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Do some research on it. Hormones can really effect your work out. You will have a harder time building muscle and losing fat on birth control. Age is a factor on the hormones as well. I'd consult someone who specializes in this to make sure you are in balance with your hormones to get the most out of your work out.
  • chilipeppers
    chilipeppers Posts: 119
    Options
    for the time being, invest ina reallllllly good sports bra with tonnes of support so your boobs aren't flying around, that will help with discomfort during workouts, but definitely check in with your doctor, especially if any other side effects crop up
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    for the time being, invest ina reallllllly good sports bra with tonnes of support so your boobs aren't flying around, that will help with discomfort during workouts, but definitely check in with your doctor, especially if any other side effects crop up

^^^^^ This! Go to a local bra boutique or Nordstrom and get a really good sports bra for high impact.