Hi! Any other new mums?

Options
h_kat
h_kat Posts: 10 Member
I'm 32, from Australia, and mummy to a beautiful boy who has just passed 12 weeks old. I'm ready to start focussing on my weight and wellbeing. I'm looking for MFP friends to offer mutual support and encouragement! :smiley:

Replies

• steph250811
    steph250811 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a mummy to a 12 month old and an 8week old! I'm on here too to try and get my pre pregnancy body back if at all possible but am struggling to juggle looking after the kids and try and exercise! How do u find time for both? X
  • rachieroo
    Options
    Hi Kat & Steph. I'm Racheal. Also from Aus. Have a 3 year old and 5 month old so trying to get my pre 3 year old figure back
  • avareneevp
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm a new mommy too! Trying to get rid of the rest of the baby weight. I have a 3 month old daughter!
  • h_kat
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Our little ones must be about the same age, avareneevp, my son, Lachlan, was born on 26th November ☺️

Racheal and Steph I have no idea how you do it with two kids!!! My heroes!
  • h_kat
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Finding any time for yourself is so hard Steph! The other day I did a mini workout while wearing my son in the baby bjorn, I found a tutorial on YouTube! He is a bit of a boofer, around 7kgs, so I figure carrying him about is a bit of a workout in itself
  • Tonialin
    Options
    Hi everyone im a new mum too. My daughter is 6months old, and ready to shift this weight and then some. Let all buddy up for support! Xx
  • cbaldwin2114
    Options
    Hi, I am a mother of two!
    My children are 2 and 1 year old. As you can imagine, my life is crazy lol. My two year old son is just starting to talk, and my 1 year old daughter is just starting to walk!
    Add me please!! :blush:
  • h_kat
    Options
    My gosh cbaldwin! Sounds hectic and exciting!!!
    Added! Thanks for adding me tonialin :smile:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum of 3, in England. I've got a 5 year old son who goes to school (kids start at 4 in England), a threenager daughter, and a 9 month old girl. My husband does shift work, so I'm pretty busy. I'm on maternity leave right now, but go back to work after Easter. I work 3 days a week as a teacher. Busy, busy.

It's been great on maternity leave as I can fit going to the gym round my husband's shifts. On his late shift week I go in the morning, and on his earlies week I go in the afternoon/evening.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a new mom too. I have a beautiful and energetic 9 month old. I find I get my exercises in (I use fitnessblender videos - they're free) when she is napping. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • PaBeany
    PaBeany Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm single mum to a 5 month old baby boy. I've been pretty seriously on a health kick since the new year, with a few weeks off when things got too much! But been a solid two weeks of daily exercise and 1400cals. I workout when baby is sleeping, sometimes he wakes up and I put him in his bouncy chair and make as many funny faces as I can. I think he's entertained by all the jumping around!

Please add me! It's all motivation :)
  • h_kat
    Options
    Looking forward to more regular naps so I can get more workouts in at home. Will check out fitnessblender Susan!
    Have just joined a gym with a crèche, although my son was crying so much they had to get me early today :( and I plan on going to swim laps on weekends/when husband is home early. You are doing so well to fit it in around 3 kids and a shift worker husband Dawnie! Inspiration!
  • alees231
    Options
    Hi all I am a new mum had a little boy 6 weeks ago. I am back in the gym now working on getting my pre pregnancy body back!! I miss it!!!!
  • h_kat
    Options
    You're doing really well to be right back to the gym alees. I enjoy it and never did before... Mostly just as it is some me time! Love swimming as I can just clear my mind.
  • annoiye
    Options
    Hi, my baby is 8weeks old today. I gained so much weight during my pregnancy so I'm really looking forward to losing the weight & getting my body back. Just started gym.
  • kristen5629
    kristen5629 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a mother of two boys. My 1st is 22 months, and my 2nd is only 13 days old. I managed to lose all my pregnancy weight with my first, and I am about 15 lbs away from reaching my pre pregnancy weight with my 2nd. However once I am done losing that, I would like to continue losing more. ( I was overweight to begin with for both pregnancies) Feel free to add me if you like, and we can help motivate each other. :)
  • h_kat
    Options
    Good work on getting back to the gym annoiye!! Used to hate it but now I like be the time to myself!
    A brand new bub Kristen!!! I'm in the same situation as you, overweight before pregnancy. So I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight but still need to get in better shape.