Halfway to goal!

Options
WARNING: Bragging ahead! :smiley:

First two pics: June-July 2014.
Last two pics: Feb 2015
I'm 5'7" and 32 years old. Starting weight: 223 lbs, Current: 186 lbs, Goal: 150

This is my second go-round with MFP, and having lost weight and gained it back plus some, I can say I've learned a few valuable lessons. I'll just leave these here...

1. I log EVERY DAY. Even "crappy" days. Even if I have to guess.
2. I got real with myself. I learned my poor eating habits at a young age and have been overweight (almost) my entire life. This means I will have to be vigilant for years to come, maybe (probably) forever, if I want to maintain my weight loss and my improved health. I picked an "everything in moderation, INCLUDING moderation" approach because it is simple and more importantly, maintainable.
3. I cook for myself. Having pre-portioned, already calorie-counted meals on hand has saved me from going for the quick and easy fast food on a great many occasions. I don't always make great choices when I'm hungry :wink:
4. Fiber. Lots and lots of fiber.

Cheers and good luck to you!

-Adelaide

qfnzujei0uir.jpg
ieli26qxiwf0.jpg
s8h9b2c48fj9.jpg
ecx51w7m7xgv.jpg

Replies

• luvemso
    luvemso Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! Way to go-keep up the good work. This is my second go around as well but I am fully committed this time, the big difference for me!
  • AddieCakes
    AddieCakes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, you got this!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I just reached my halfway point this week, too. Like you I started at 230 and am now at 184. I started in June of 2014 as well. My goal weight is 140 and I am 5'7.
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fab. Gives me some hope - we have very similar starting weights and the same goal. It is my second time too. But I only re started at the start of this month - so a ways to go!!
    - You are so right about being honest though - that is my big difference this time- weighing everything, logging EVERYTHING.
  • AddieCakes
    AddieCakes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations! And thank you!
  • thereverie
    thereverie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, and I am really digging your style! Way to go!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Awesome job :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Way to get it!
  • dmeddaugh67
    Options
    You look great!! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • AClosingit
    AClosingit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You look fabulous - slim and I must say the dress, make-up and hair are all on point!
  • maclynn74
    maclynn74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!