Gaining Weight from Muscle

Options
So in November I decided to start looking after my body more. I ate a better diet within a calorie goal of 1800 a day, with 5 fruit and veg and high in protein. I started my gym membership and go 2-3 times a week for an hour and a half at a time. Yet ive put on 2/3 pounds? Is this due to muscle gain? my thighs have got considerably denser and more muscular. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• dinger09
    Options
    hi how long have you been going to the gym ? hour and half at a time at the gym seams a bit long.

If you can knock your gym time down to within the hour if you can.

Is there classes at your gym ? If so best ones for you is body pump and spin classes if you want to shred weight and build some muscle. I have seen loads of girls do this classes and have great results and drink plenty of water too.
  • mafran237
    Options
    My hubby also had this happen when he started following a better diet and swimming a lot too. That is his preferred exercise, he's very fast in the pool and has always been as excellent swimmer. The first week the scales dropped 5-6 lbs then shot up again the weeks after that, back to where he started. There going down again now. I assumed the swimming was causing his muscle growth at the same time as losing fat, he's definitely carrying less body fav than he was.
  • DangerousDUCK
    DangerousDUCK Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    So in November I decided to start looking after my body more. I ate a better diet within a calorie goal of 1800 a day, with 5 fruit and veg and high in protein. I started my gym membership and go 2-3 times a week for an hour and a half at a time. Yet ive put on 2/3 pounds? Is this due to muscle gain? my thighs have got considerably denser and more muscular. Thank you in advance.

How do you fit in your clothes? body fat seem lower? look better naked?? feeling stronger? these are all way more important than the number on the scale. :)
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Would it be possible for you to make your food diary public? Little mistakes can cause issues, and I just want to double check everything looks accurate