Anyone from the UK ?

Options
amanirae
amanirae Posts: 16 Member
Hi
I'm from London in the UK.

At the beginning of February I started my journey at 19 stone and 2lbs (121.6 kg) and I've lost 9lbs so far.

I bought myself a mini stepper with handle bars and that has to suffice for now.

I'm a mum of 3 girls, 6, 2 and 12weeks. In a long term relationship and currently on maternity leave.

I've always been plus size wearing a UK 20-22 and my partner has always liked me big. So I've had no real pressure to lose weight.

Well I want a change & to stop being the biggest female in the room or amongst work colleagues!

I mainly want to be healthier rather than considere severely obese!!

I need help, guidance, support and sincere ladies to join me.

Please add me and we can all help each other.

;):)

Replies

• newchap2015
    Options
    Hi - I'm also from London.
  • newchap2015
    Options
    I'm also from London - have 3.5 stone to lose. This is day one (eek!)

I am a mum to 2 girls and echo lots of the things you've said.

As well as wanting to be healthier and fitter I really want to show our girls a healthy lifestyle and set a good example to them.

Looks like you are doing a great job so far!

• ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Morning! I'm from the lovely north - Lancashire. Nice to see someone from the UK :)
    Same here, my partner loves my curves but I'm just not happy anymore. I'll never be skinny - don't want to be, but I sure want to be healthier and fitter! I'm around 15st and I want to get to a comfy weight (around 12st 7lbs). It's day 6 for me. Feel free to add me, I also need some support or a chat at times.
    Keep going, you're doing really well!!
  • emmawilliamson1985
    Options
    Hi. I am from Lincolnshire. I'll add you. ☺
  • emmawilliamson1985
    Options
    At my biggest I was 18 Stone 2 lbs. At the moment I am 12 stone 12 lbs. I only found this app a week ago and love it. If anyone is interested in giving support or needs support feel free to add me.
  • zippyjojo
    zippyjojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Oxfordshire - I've been fiddling around with this on and off for a year - when I do it it works, but it's so easy for me to think "Oh I've had something bad so I may as well not carry on filling in the diary today". I notice that Elisa has her diary viewable to others - I'm not sure I'm brave enough for that! My downfall is wine - then the chocolate, cheese and crisps that follow. I'm around 14 stone at the moment, which I hate. I would love to be 12 stone as I know that I look and feel great at that weight. Last year I managed to get down to 13 stone but it's all gone back on. I just can't seem to break bad habits. I generally eat really healthily but can literally double (well maybe not quite) my daily food intake with a silly evening binge - anyone else sabotage their own efforts?
  • linkypie2015
    linkypie2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Corby in Northamptonshire....work full time in London. Currently just over 17 stone - want to lose 7 stone for a dream holiday in October....

Always looking for support and people who understand how hard it is!
  • zippyjojo
    zippyjojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've just changed my diary to be viewable to friends - help!!!
  • amanirae
    Options
    zippyjojo wrote: »
    I've just changed my diary to be viewable to friends - help!!!

That's a big step in not sure if I'm ready to do that myself yet but now ok aiming to!!
  • amanirae
    Options
    At my biggest I was 18 Stone 2 lbs. At the moment I am 12 stone 12 lbs. I only found this app a week ago and love it. If anyone is interested in giving support or needs support feel free to add me.

Well done!! That's lovely. :) How long have you been on your journey. I'm not good on the whole weight conversion lol but you've lost 5 stone or so? That's actually my goal right now!
    What an inspiration.

Any tips?
  • emmawilliamson1985
    Options
    Thanks :-). I have always had trouble staying motivated. In the past I have lost a stone and gone back to my old ways and put it back on. I'm trying so hard not to do that anymore. I just take it 1 day at a time, i set myself mini goals which help me stay focused and I also have a few friends who are in the same position as me and we swap diet tips, send each other pictures of the healthy meals we cook and remind each other of what our long term goals are when one of us is struggling with it.

I find that when I am really struggling I like to read the success stories and look at people's before and after pics and it inspires me and keep me motivated.

It's hard, but being healthier for myself and showing my young daughter what is good and bad and leading by example is keeping me on track on hit my goal.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi - from Derbyshire :) 10 years ago I was 19 and a half stone, got to 16 stone 10 over the next 7 years and then found MFP and am now about 12 stone 7lbs (on maintenance so go up and down 5 lbs).

MFP does work if you are honest about what you eat and log it, also weigh everything - it makes a real difference especially with cereals and pasta/rice. And welcome to the journey to a new healthier life. You will probably have bad days (or even weeks) but please do not give up. Take a selfie of yourself in your undies today. Keep it somewhere safe and in the future when you feel a failure take a sneeky peek and remind your self where you came from. When you go down a clothes size keep a pair of jeans or a skirt and when you have a bad week and want to give up, put them on and remember that these used to be a snug fit.

:)
  • Tandysbooty
    Tandysbooty Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Hertfordshire
    I'll add you :)
    I've used this app on and off since having my daughter 3.5yrs ago and find it really helps to realise what foods actually bump up your calorie count. Trying to get fitter and stronger. Happy to support people too!!
  • GrahamUK72
    GrahamUK72 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Corby in Northamptonshire....work full time in London. Currently just over 17 stone - want to lose 7 stone for a dream holiday in October....

Always looking for support and people who understand how hard it is!

Daventry, Northamptonshire here.

Lost 3.5 stone, 3more to go
  • sammyjojade23
    sammyjojade23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im from Chester and on a mission to lose 5 and a half stone. I dont want to be moaning in the summer because nothing fits like last year.

Ive bought a fitbit activity tracker to help motivate me with exercise as well as using MFP.

I need all the help and motivation I can get so feel free to add me xx :)