(2) what time of day do you weigh in?

(3)do you weigh in with clothes on or without clothes

(4) any other weighing tips????

THANKS XXX

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Every day, in the morning before eating & after using the toilet, without clothes. It's pretty much the only time your weight won't be affected by day-to-day things each day (what you've eaten, what you're wearing, things like that). I record my weight in a spreadsheet each day to track the progress.
  • joejward95
    joejward95 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning around 9am w/o clothes after going to the bathroom. Its cool because I am able to see all the natural fluctuations in my weight when weighing that frequently.
  • m0hammar
    m0hammar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi
    1- i do it once every week.
    2- at weekend morning before eating or drinking.
    3- with underwear.
    4- just one I never weigh in every day its some times disappointing
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning before breakfast/coffee, after using the loo, sans clothes.
  • rsb1023
    rsb1023 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning before breakfast after the toilet sometimes with clothes & sometimes without
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Every few mornings, with clothes, before eating (but usually not before coffee) and I only note it down if I've lost weight. Otherwise I ignore the number until it says I've lost weight. I like having a chart that only shows the positives.
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Like many others - Once a week on Saturday morning when I've first got up, after I've been to the loo but before anything else (even cleaning teeth), knickers only.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Sunday mornings, without clothes and I take measurements.

Also after going to the toilet (sometimes I have my coffee and sometimes not). I take my measurements and I log my weight and measurements in on a log sheet and enter it in MFP.

Weighing daily can place havoc on your mind as water retention, and normal fluctuations (especially if you are woman) can drive a person insane when seeing the scale may go up oven down daily.

Take measurements...
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week on a Sunday or Monday morning. But at the moment on Wednesday mornings at work as well as a group of my work mates and me are tracking our weight together. I only tend to log the weight from my scales on here though, not the work ones.
  • wildflowerherbal
    wildflowerherbal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    dontjinxit wrote: »
    Every few mornings, with clothes, before eating (but usually not before coffee) and I only note it down if I've lost weight. Otherwise I ignore the number until it says I've lost weight. I like having a chart that only shows the positives.

This is exactly what I do. It really helps with motivation.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    dontjinxit wrote: »

This is exactly what I do. It really helps with motivation.

I used to note the weight only when I lost, but that didn't last too long. Soon it was five days, then a week, and then two weeks before getting below that last low weight. Logging my weight every day keeps me aware, even when I gain, and helps me to stick to my caloric and exercise goals.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Every morning, after loo, before breakfast, preferably before drinking anything, but that varies... and in underwear.
    I log my weight in Fitbit, which synchs with Myfitnesspal and Trendweight, which tries to make some sort of sense of the fluctuations.
  • orlandodenise
    orlandodenise Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Every day after the bathroom and before my breakfast - without any clothes :) however I only note my weight loss trend every " Friday" to see the loss - which is currently 3 pounds loss per week.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    (1) I used to weigh every day but I don't have a scales at uni so currently once every 2-3 weeks.

(2) First thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything.

(3) No clothes.

• sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning after my bathroom break before eating or drinking anything, naked.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    1) I weigh in once a week, take measurements every other week.

2) Weigh in first thing in the morning after taking care of 'business' and before eating or drinking anything.

3) For the sake of consistency (not all clothing weighs the same) weigh naked.

4) The key is consistency. Weighing in regularly at the same time in the same way will yield the best results.

Take luck!
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Like many others, I weigh myself naked in the morning before I eat, but after my morning BM.