need so help starting

Options
So i just moved to florida with my boyfriend and all i do is work and eat... and i have not been payin any attition on what i am eating and i started gaining tons of weight so my mom told me to try this hopefully it help cause i can use all the help i can get!!!

Replies

• Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I will be your buddy! Good luck on your adventures here on MFP! :heart: :wink:
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    This is the best place. It makes you accountable by logging everything and the motivation and support is incredible. You will love it and will succeed.
  • NikkiWork
    NikkiWork Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Just make sure you do it the right way...my 1st lil bit of help will be tell you to watch your sodium (salt) intake...1300mg a day that's it! So make sure your reading your serving sizes and watch the labels...and stop eating pre-packaged food! OH and WATER...drink lots and lots and lots of water lol! Good luck!
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Welcome this will definitely help you.....cause it sure has helped me!!! (:
  • maceacme
    maceacme Posts: 4
    Options
    In addition to food intake, you've got some stress on your shoulders! You just moved, which is hugely stressful. You work all the time - big stress. I think everyone's making great points by saying you should log what you eat - especially since you're so busy all the time, it's too easy to overeat mindlessly.

A hard thing for me is when I'm logging my food and, say, I have a moment where I binge on something that exceeds my calorie count for the day. I sometimes avoid logging because I don't want to face the fact I overate. I also am prone to thinking that binges mean failure, and so I don't post (just plan on starting "new" the next day.)

Fact is, being honest with yourself and logging is one of the most beneficial things you can do for yourself! Even if you eat a whole cake one day - logging it and seeing when and where you ate it can help in the future. Perhaps you see later that after staff meetings you eat an entire pizza yourself. It gives you a chance to see when problems come up and plan for them in the future. ("Okay, staff meeting Thursdays really suck for me - I'm going to try to bring healthier snacks to "pig" out on...and maybe know I need a 10 minute walk after to help the stress will assist me in not eating a whole pig.")

Additionally, is there a place in your work building you can take a little walk? Do you have stairs you can walk up? Can you walk around your building during lunch? If you don't have time, can you manage to leave your desk for 10 minutes to do that?

Even in little tiny amounts, exercise can not only help your eating issues, it can help the stress that may CAUSE eating issues. It's scientifically proven that exercise combats stress.

Dr Mark Hamer, from the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health at UCL led a study on stress and exercise, and found: “Mental health benefits were observed at a minimal level of at least 20 minutes per week of any physical activity. There was greater risk reduction with activity at a higher volume or intensity.”

These are just two ideas that are relatively simply, but so important. Good luck on your journey - you deserve to be healthy and happy!
  • Danielle_07
    Danielle_07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hello. I am new to this site, refered to by a friend. I am in dyer need of loosing 60 lbs asap!!! Looking for some support from good friends. Thanks and good luck to everyone with acheiving your goals.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    i am also new the mfp-almost 2 weeks now and i love it. it helps you track everything and the people ar.e so great-kind, caring, and supportive. feel free to freind request if you like. would love to be part of your journey :bigsmile: