Example Meals

Options
Hey gang,

So one of the most difficult things for me is coming up with creative and yummy meal plans with interchangeable meal options for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks. It's so easy to get bored or to cheat because you don't have time to prepare something yummy.

So quick--what are your go-to meals? Let's all share the creativity!

GO!

Replies

• denisesrafiell
    denisesrafiell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vegetable stir fry! Just cut up all kinds of veggies and sautee in healthy oil. Quick and easy!
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Posted this last week in another thread, its my last weeks menu planner. Hopefully it'll give you some idea of how I plan. Mine takes into consideration the fact I do a fair amount of training so is balanced enough to reduce the exercise-induced deficit. I try to aim for a deficit of about 250-500 calories max a day as I don't want to be constantly hungry nor do I want to feel weak and lethargic when training.
    The Pasta serving should read 75g, not 125g. The chocolate I eat is Dark, usually 70% with a hint of orange or mint. The dinner recipes are taken from cookbooks I own, I sit down in advance and pick out main meals that I think will be nice, then plan out a shopping list before the week starts. A lot of the shopping is straight-forward, fruit and veg, tinned fish (if you like that sort of thing), bags of nuts etc. I organise the food for the next day in advance for example weighing out 30g of Mixed, unsalted nuts.
    If you are cooking for a large family, then you'll know what to make them. Also, doing this is a good way of using up food you have frozen from the previous week, and they should hopefully eat healthier:)
    I try to reduce my meat intake and add more vegetarian meals into my diet, but that is a personal preference. Though I must say it does save money in the long run.
    Hope this helps, it's not perfect, nor an exact science but it definitely helps with weight loss/gain (depending on your goal) and helps use MFP more effectively for recording, especially scanning packs for sizes. The internet is full of generic, blank meal planning pages either daily or weekly so have a look for ones that suit you.
    9ts6u3pxqver.jpg
  • Ashley_Ann24
    Ashley_Ann24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the weekly plan chart myself but I have been forgetting lol.

Tonight I will be having turkey tacos. Low sodium taco season with a for and active wrap (1-2) with lettuce tomato and low fat mozzarella cheese and perhaps some cucumber slices and ground pepper . Yum!! If you have two it's under 450 calories for dinner.

Breakfast I would have something like peanut butter reduced fat on two whole grain toasted waffles and some almond milk
  • artichoke86
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is Trader Joe's Oatmeal Complete (has protein) and 1 cup of skim milk.

For all other meals, I make a bunch of soup (chicken vegetable soup made with a shredded rotisserie chicken and carrots, celery, cauliflower, leeks, kale) that I freeze and defrost various times throughout the week for lunches and dinners.

Also- love Chipotle. You can get two meals out of this for about 350 calories.

Baked salmon with a side of broccolini or roasted brussel sprouts is also a common meal at our house. I can give you recipes if you are interested!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Here's what a day may look like for me. I'll include the different options I tend to rotate through.

Breakfast (tends to be my lightest meal of the day)
    1. Two hard boiled eggs
    2. 2 hash browns with ketchup
    3. Several hundred grams of fresh fruit.
    4. When I feel like I need something awesome, I'll do blueberry pancakes with syrup and lower sodium bacon.

Lunch:
    1. Chicken stir fry with mixed vegetables and jasmine rice
    2. Salad with spring mix, some sort of protein, cherry tomatoes, sliced baby peppers, blue cheese, croutons, and balsamic vinaigrette or Caesar dressing
    3. Turkey sandwich on wheat bread with spicy brown mustard and provolone
    4. Steak, potatoes, and broccoli

Generally if I'm having something like a sandwich, I'll have whatever's on hand (like fruit, chips, ect) as a side.

Dinner:
    1. Steak, potatoes, and broccoli
    2. Pita pizza: Joseph's Pita with tomato sauce, Kraft Italian blend cheese, pepperoni, and Spanish olives. Sometimes I'll throw some fresh diced cherry tomatoes on it as well.
    3. Buffalo chicken salad: chicken breast baked in the oven and then shredded, and tossed with light mayo, wing sauce, diced red onion, and diced celery. Seasoned with black pepper and garlic powder.
    4. Homemade orange chicken

There's some of the options I do. Sometimes for lunch I'll do leftovers, but I'll eat whatever's on hand, and whatever I feel like making at any time of the day.

Which sometimes leads to dinner items being eaten for breakfast, haha.