Cheat day! The good, the bad, and the holly smokes I blew my calorie count.

Options
I wanted to share my blog from today . We all have a occasion where we might indulge . Yesterday was it for me .

I have been on a pretty decent streak of eatling healthy . I dont have regular cheat days or meals. But, since I was celebrating my one year anniversery I decided to eat healthy during the day and have a cheat meal for dinner with some drinks .
On the surface it was not as bad as it seems . Skirt steak, a side salad, some yukon potatoes, and a skewer of shrimp. I had ate a decent breakfast of oatmeal, and lunch consisted of a cup of chili and a chicken sandwich.
And then came the drinks. And a lot of them .... about 1500 calories worth of alchol. 2 mai tais 2 long islands 2 24 oz Michelaob ultras and two tequila shots.
My normal calorie intake is set at about 1390 . I demolished that to the tune of 3131. I dont feel bad about the day overall, I recorded everyone of my shameful calories.
Not sure why but it always makes me feel good to step on the scale no matter what it says. And yes it was not a good number that morning, But it also helped me to realize it was not the end of the world and that today I would go back to my normal eating right for me lifestyle.

Replies

• leechadcrowe
    leechadcrowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    everyone needs a cheat day
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    1390 seems too low for a man.
  • 1390 is a bit low . As I get closer to my goal seems MFP calorie gets a little more strict. Once I hit my goal my calorie count will go into maintenance phase and be more slack.
  • tlw9903
    tlw9903 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good for you for tracking those calories!! I used to have a big problem with not tracking cheat days/meals, but I'm doing better this time around. Good luck going forward! Sounds like you have the right attitude!
  • margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Why cheat yourself?
  • margolinville
    Options
    You can't cheat your body it processes everything! So you never win! Cheating is for getting something you want easily.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I don't do "cheat", because I'm not doing anything wrong. I eat what I want and it usually fits into my allowance. If I go over, I log it and move on.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    This is about real life after all. One day blow out once a year or even a few times a year (just a few) is not going to sabotage your weight loss and will help you to remember why you normally track too
  • Renee0208
    Renee0208 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share my blog from today . We all have a occasion where we might indulge . Yesterday was it for me .

I have been on a pretty decent streak of eatling healthy . I dont have regular cheat days or meals. But, since I was celebrating my one year anniversery I decided to eat healthy during the day and have a cheat meal for dinner with some drinks .
    On the surface it was not as bad as it seems . Skirt steak, a side salad, some yukon potatoes, and a skewer of shrimp. I had ate a decent breakfast of oatmeal, and lunch consisted of a cup of chili and a chicken sandwich.
    And then came the drinks. And a lot of them .... about 1500 calories worth of alchol. 2 mai tais 2 long islands 2 24 oz Michelaob ultras and two tequila shots.
    My normal calorie intake is set at about 1390 . I demolished that to the tune of 3131. I dont feel bad about the day overall, I recorded everyone of my shameful calories.
    Not sure why but it always makes me feel good to step on the scale no matter what it says. And yes it was not a good number that morning, But it also helped me to realize it was not the end of the world and that today I would go back to my normal eating right for me lifestyle.

• Renee0208
    Renee0208 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do notice if I have a cheat day and log it, it does make me work harder at the gym to make up for it. But if I do not log it, I notice I don't try as hard to work it off (it's like it didn't happen) It is true logging your intake keeps you accountable.
  • Renee0208 wrote: »
    I do notice if I have a cheat day and log it, it does make me work harder at the gym to make up for it. But if I do not log it, I notice I don't try as hard to work it off (it's like it didn't happen) It is true logging your intake keeps you accountable.

This is exactly how I feel today . It helps remind me why I started eating cleaner in the first place and makes me put in the extra effort at the gym .
  • Momomoyourboat
    Momomoyourboat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a rough day yesterday as well and was excessive in my calories and deficient in water and exercise. I don't feel bad and I know that I'll get back to it today. I'm so glad this group is here to let me vent, let me learn and mostly feel like I am an ok person. I will be better and I will meet my goals and failing yesterday just means I hit a blip.
  • angelunchained5
    angelunchained5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I understand the cheat days...just start fresh tomorrow. :) I'm pretty disciplined and LOVE seeing the results. Food can be my emotional comfort after a particularly hard day. Coming home to my place can feel very empty. So yes...sometimes I cheat. Chocolate...sigh ;) The next day I get right back at it...you sound like you are doing awesome!
  • alun
    alun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cheat days are what keep us on the road of success.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good for you for recording it all... that took guts and in the light of the 'morning after,' showed why none of us should ever eat like that on a regular basis. Like you said, it's not the end of the world... pick yourself up and move on.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Nice entry. Thanks for sharing.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm curious if you weighed yourself the next day. I'm going to have a cheat meal tomorrow, going to be like 1900 calories just for the 1 meal (if I finish it all) I've lost 90lbs and its a free meal for my birthday so I figure, what the hell.
  • Robbnva wrote: »
    I'm curious if you weighed yourself the next day. I'm going to have a cheat meal tomorrow, going to be like 1900 calories just for the 1 meal (if I finish it all) I've lost 90lbs and its a free meal for my birthday so I figure, what the hell.

Those days for me are the ones where I pull the cheat day . If I know I'm gonna have one I ear and work out extra hard the rest of the week. I don't deprive myself . I just plan ahead.
  • margolinville
    Options
    everyone needs a cheat day

Cheat days extends the DAYS it will take you to achieve your weight loss goals. And make you want to over eat.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went about 1200 over my maintenance yesterday ^^; oops.
    It's okay though because my friend made me an awesome going away party with dinner and lots of cookies and ice cream, so very worth it.

It's just another day in many and I just have to eat 250 less everyday for the next 5 to break even, so meh, not bad at all.

I REGRET NOTHING haha :smiley: