100 to lose

Options
I have 100 pounds to lose almost exactly. I have tried and failed so many times. Weight loss is so hard to do alone. I really need some support and encouragement. I am willing to do the same for everyone. I know it will be a long hard journey but it is time to commit myself and make a change.

Replies

• Preciouspony21
    Options
    I hear you. I've done it many times too and I would love this to be my last time. Let's try to help each other do this.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This place is great for support. Feel free to add me - I log in daily and will offer whatever encouragement I can :) I have to lose about 50 pounds and I'm trying to remember that I really only need to lose 5 pounds...I just need to do that ten times, LOL. But 5 pounds is so much more manageable than 50 pounds!
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I started with 190 lbs to lose and have lost 122 lbs so far. Hang in there, keep your head up, and you'll be fine.

Add me if you'd like. I'm on daily, my diary is open, and I'm always there for advice/an ear to listen when people need to rant. :)
  • BrittanyNoel88
    BrittanyNoel88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need 150 lbs gone. I have found a way to keep myself going physically and mentally as well as eating healthy yet still getting what I want. It works. I dropped 43 pounds in 2 1/2 months
  • SarahClark4409
    SarahClark4409 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have tried time and time again to change my "diet" and always fail miserably. However I just recently started trying to eat healthier again and so far I have lost 14 lbs (give or take). For me, eating healthy has always been difficult mainly because my relationship with food has never been great. Growing up I ate whatever I wanted, when I wanted. So as you can imagine this lead to eating out of boredom, emotional eating, etc. When you're eating almost an entire bag of chips in one setting or filling up on snack cakes the outcome is pretty much obvious... You get fat. Unfortunately, that never stopped me from doing it.

It wasn't until recently I was sitting at my desk at work and I remember thinking about how unhappy I was overall with myself. For the most part I have always been comfortable in my skin but I was too the point that my "fat girl pants" had become my everyday work pants because I could no long fit into any of my other ones. Not to mention I had moved up a jean size as well. So after work, I ran to Walmart and bought two workout DVDs, a yoga mat, and some dumbbells...
    I've never really exercised much (unless you count gym class which was forever and a day ago haha). I'm trying though so I guess that counts for something.

I too have quite a bit of weight to lose. I'm currently aiming for 170. I would still be considered pretty overweight for my height but I think if I can get to that goal weight I can always aim for another goal later on. Plus I haven't been under 200lbs for many, many years.

So if anyone would like to add me as a friend for that little bit of extra encouragement that would be amazing! In exchange I'll be there to motivate you as well ☺️. It'll be nice to talk with someone who understands your struggles and can help keep your spirits high when you're feeling like giving up.