Whch weight to log

I've been logging my weight when I weigh myself in the morning and then out of some force of habit I check through out the day and it's higher but stays that same weight after meals. So do I do the morning weigh in or the after a few meals weigh in?

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    You weigh in the morning after you have gone to the bathroom, before you eat or drink anything & while naked
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    I prefer the morning weigh-in. That way, you can't blame it on food or clothing. That's pretty much just you! Also, I am vain and I like the lower number ; )
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    I use the morning weight, pre breakfast, pre shower, post bathroomy stuff so that the weight I get is "MY" weight after the 8 hours of fasting due to sleep etc. Then I don't have changes based on what I've been eating.
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Definitely go by the morning weigh in. Weight fluctuates throughout the day and throughout the week so it's important to pick one specific time each day to weigh yourself. Don't get discouraged if your weight changes during the day:-)
  • vauleese
    vauleese Posts: 75
    That's what I have been doing which means in the matter of a DAY I lost 2lbs!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    That's what I have been doing which means in the matter of a DAY I lost 2lbs!

Which means... fantastic!!