Office Christmas Party Gift Idea - Off Topic

Options
hi Guys

how ru all doing getting ready for Christmas

I need some good advice abt what i can take as a gift to my office christams party.Don't want to take something where i will embarass myself

Budget is $20 so please do let me know
Thanks
kkmark

Replies

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    hi Guys

how ru all doing getting ready for Christmas

I need some good advice abt what i can take as a gift to my office christams party.Don't want to take something where i will embarass myself

Budget is $20 so please do let me know
    Thanks
    kkmark
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    so I guess a rubber chicken is out of the question????

We had a $10 cap one year - so that's what I brought and during the White Elephant exchange, it was passed around the max - everyone thought it was funny.

Maybe something like Blue Mountain Coffee --gourmet stuff.
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    I gift certificate to the local movie theatre is always fun. $20 would get you two tickets; and who doesn't want to go to the movies? Or, depending on the crowd, a bottle of wine. Have fun!
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    A nice potted plant.
    in a really pretty pot.

People fight over those at xmas....
    we do the white elephant so its pretty fun watching everyone fight over the good ones...lol
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Movie basket?

Buy a DVD ($10-15 max) then add a microwave popcorn, red vines, junior mints and a soda. Tie it all together.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'll be participating in one of these office gift exchanges next Friday.
    I thought about grabbing a fleece throw (blanket), attaching a good chick flick, a small packet of tissues, and a bag of microwave popcorn.
    No idea how it will go over... I'm new to my group this year, but I thought it was worth a shot and would be less than $20.
    If you have a lot of women in your office, this gift idea might be a hit.

BTW, to keep it under $20, I'm talking about buying from Walmart... I think their throws are about $8 and I can find a movie for about $10 or less, and a packet of tissues is less than $1, and the popcorn I have at home.

If you wanted it more masculine themed, you can buy any kind of basket or box to use to hold it, stuff it with filler (that crinkly crap), pack in a real macho movie, a bag of popcorn, a 20oz bottle of soda, and a box of theatre-sized candy.

Can you tell I've done these as Christmas gifts before?? :wink:

Dangit, I typed too slowly!! :laugh: Me and ^^ had the same idea!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I heard that lottery tickets were a hot item at last year's exchange in my office. :laugh:

UNUSED lottery tickets, of course!! LOL
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I gift certificate to the local movie theatre is always fun. $20 would get you two tickets; and who doesn't want to go to the movies? Or, depending on the crowd, a bottle of wine. Have fun!

great idea!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    you can find some nice gifts under 20 at target. They have a really nice panini press and spice rack those kids of things that both genders can use.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Here we do a Secret Santa. This year Mine is a GUY!
    What on EARTH do I get a GUY for Christmas.
    I DO love the chick flick thing I think I will do that for one of my sisters. THAT is AWESOME!!!!
    --Diann...
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Here we do a Secret Santa. This year Mine is a GUY!
    What on EARTH do I get a GUY for Christmas.
    I DO love the chick flick thing I think I will do that for one of my sisters. THAT is AWESOME!!!!
    --Diann...

I am full of weird ideas - we did this where I use to work - I did treasure maps to find the little daily things, the final gift was a mini keg I got at the grocery store. He LOVED it. You can get Beers of the World at World Market and that's a great guy gift too but only if they drink.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'll be participating in one of these office gift exchanges next Friday.
    I thought about grabbing a fleece throw (blanket), attaching a good chick flick, a small packet of tissues, and a bag of microwave popcorn.
    No idea how it will go over... I'm new to my group this year, but I thought it was worth a shot and would be less than $20.
    If you have a lot of women in your office, this gift idea might be a hit.

BTW, to keep it under $20, I'm talking about buying from Walmart... I think their throws are about $8 and I can find a movie for about $10 or less, and a packet of tissues is less than $1, and the popcorn I have at home.

If you wanted it more masculine themed, you can buy any kind of basket or box to use to hold it, stuff it with filler (that crinkly crap), pack in a real macho movie, a bag of popcorn, a 20oz bottle of soda, and a box of theatre-sized candy.

Can you tell I've done these as Christmas gifts before?? :wink:

Dangit, I typed too slowly!! :laugh: Me and ^^ had the same idea!

Great minds think alike. :wink:
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

thanks for the wonderful gift ideas

Panini press ,Blanket,Chick flick,tickets all sounds gr8

and also will check in target

kkmark
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    We have Wawa's up here and gift certificate to something like that would be excellent. It is a convenience store with a gas station. Some others may have a Sheetz. This way the recipient could get gas or just spend it on coffee and a breakfast sandwich.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    http://www.worldwidefred.com/fingerfood.htm
    This is what I bought for mine that's today. We have a pretty fun/quirky office though, so it might not go in every setting....I win best gift each year!