Been Getting Stomach aches

Options
For the last 3 days i Have been getting stomach aches on and off. Just wondered if anyone else had this at the start.
I have been doing this diet since the monday before last.

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    You're drinking alot more water now?

Is that water straight from the tap?

City (chlorinated) ??

Well water (have any bad tastes, odors, colors)??
  • britnitennis
    Options
    It could be hunger pains, your body is just getting used to your maybe "new" diet.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Your diary is closed but I'd check back on your fiber intake, if you're not used to a high-fiber intake and you're spiking it some days a stomach ache could be a result, have extra fluids when you have extra fiber
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I get stomach aches when I lose weight just from my body trying to adjust. Lately hasn't been so bad, but I also haven't seen a difference on the scale for a while. Typically, when I workout more it's not as bad. Hope that helps!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I had that for a few weeks - have started drinking a lot more water this week and it cleared up quite quickly.
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes im Drinking lots more water now and it is straight from the tap.
    Im in middlesex by the way.
    Should i get a water filter or something....
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I can't say that the water is the cause of your stomach pains. Nor that your water is 'bad'.

I have 'city' water meaning it's chlorinated (and other things). It's fine for washing and household chores but I choose not to drink it or cook with it. But that is just me.

There are many form of simple water filtration devices out there. If your stomach issues don't correct themselves maybe you should investigate further.

You'll be putting a lot of that water in your body going forward.

Take care,

ZH
  • ibetsey
    ibetsey Posts: 6
    Options
    I was having this problem after being on MFP for about 2 weeks. Couldn't sleep, didn't want to eat, could barely get through exercise, constantly nauseous. I actually thought I might have been pregnant. I finally went to the doctor it was so bad (I don't have insurance!) and he told me that my stomach is adjusting to the lower calorie diet. It's still making the stomach acid to digest the amount of food that I used to eat. He prescribed me some generic antacids that people take for heartburn and said it would be a month before my stomach lining repaired itself. It's been a week since I started and it's only beginning to feel better. He also said to avoid orange juice, tomato sauce, and other acidic foods. If only I could quit the coffee!

I was looking for this post because I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Looks like some people do, so I hope this info helps!

**I'm not a doctor, just so you know. This is what MY doctor told ME.
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My Stomach settled after a few weeks and all is fine now.
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had this too.!!!!! I finally figured out it was TOO MUCH FIBER!!!! I can't handle things with 5 or more grams of fiber!! It was really painful. I have eliminated high fiber foods from my diet, and now I'm fine. Also, aspartame (artificial sweetener) can cause stomach aches, and gas and diareah too. Hope your feeling better soon! :)